layton56
Really confused
  • 2012/4/3 20:53

• layton56

• Just popping in

• Since: 2012/4/3 1

OK. I first of all downloaded the wrong directory. I have got the correct download now but my problems are back. I have 4 websites. One primary domain and 3 secondary domains where the domains are dedicated to three aliased folders in the primary domains directory. I have probably got the terminology wrong here.
So I have the a domain attached to the xoops/ directory.
First of all where do I put the checksum.php and checksum.md5 files. in the xoops directory or above it in the primary domain html directory. I keep being told the "root" directory, but from two apparently reliable sources on the net, I am told that both levels as mentioned here could be called as such.

Help would be great.

BTW, this is the 4th such program I have tried this week through lack of understanding and failure to get replies on the support forums.

Layton

Anonymous
Re: Really confused
  • 2012/4/3 22:12

• Anonymous

• Since:

Forget about the checksum files. After unzipping the xoops package you just need the files inside the htdocs directory. Copy the files and maps inside htdocs to the root of the site.

What the root of the site is called differs by provider, some call it www, others web or public. Could be html in your case.

What do you mean by secondary domains, subdomains or different domain names pointing to the same website? In the last case just install xoops in the primary domain, pointing other domains to the site is a matter of redirecting dns to the primary, something a good hoster will arrange for you.

DCrussader
Re: Really confused

Quote:

What do you mean by secondary domains, subdomains or different domain names pointing to the same website?

Forwarded Domains.

If you forwarded (which is wrong) your-xooops-domain.tld to /xoops, then follow next example:

ROOT is public_html/xoops (in your case)
Outside ROOT is public_html/

So extract the content from htdcos/ without xoops-lib and xoops-data into public_html/xoops. The other 2 folders xoops-lib and xoops-data into public_html/.
And start installation. At the end - do not install Protector, this half written in Japanese, half in English stress new comers :). XOOPS is well enough protected by the core for just playing with it and the modules.

If you plan to use XOOPS or/and any other CMS, do not Forward domains. Instead of create addon domain from your cpanel (the cpanel will set the new folders), and when you visit www.your-xoops-domain.tld will stay there, instead to load www.your-primary-domain.com/xoops.

Have fun.
May The Source Be With You!

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits