vmax2extreme
extcal working on 2.5.4?

Since I have upgraded a few weeks ago from 2.5.1a to 2.5.4 the extcal calendar doesnt up when editing. Any chance of this module getting updated to fix its issue?

Mamba
Re: extcal working on 2.5.4?
  • 2012/3/31 13:13

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

The issues should be fixed in the upcoming XOOPS 2.5.5, and a new release of ExtCal. We'll need some testers, so hopefully you'll be able to help us.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

vmax2extreme

I'm running verison 2.22 and I see there are a few newer versions in the module troubleshooting forum, but looking at the module downloads and the developers site, I dont see a newer version.....would it be better to try a newer version for my issues? If so, how do I obtain them?

Mamba
  • 2012/4/2 10:30

• Mamba

Wait few more days - we'll be releasing soon new RC version for testing.

Hopefully this week, together with XOOPS 2.5.5 RC
Support XOOPS => DONATE

pmarket
  • 2012/4/2 15:15

• pmarket

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/15

Ran into the same problem, I dumped eXtcal and started using APCal 2.1 which offers a google map to event locations. Which I like much better.

As a long time fan of Xoops who has built over forty web site using this CMS with twenty-one different apps / modules, one of my problems with this CMS is the fact each time the system core is improved many of the module are affected and end up not working properly. Take for instance the Birthday app / module it no longer shows the right birth day, its off by one day, with no fix in sight!

Its like building a new engine for a car, the engine runs great. However the transmission no longer goes in gear with the new engine so now the wheels won't turn any more. So your stuck with a haphazard mess that no longer take you anywhere.

Please XOOPS take in consideration the rest of the system that affects the members / users experience. It seems every few months there is a new core, we now have 2.55 with 2.6 on the way. I just stared up grading to 2.54 which has issues affecting time stamps of several apps / modules like eXtcal and News as well as others.

WHY?

Mamba
  • 2012/4/2 17:00

• Mamba

Quote:
Please XOOPS take in consideration the rest of the system that affects the members / users experience. It seems every few months there is a new core, we now have 2.55 with 2.6 on the way. I just stared up grading to 2.54 which has issues affecting time stamps of several apps / modules like eXtcal and News as well as others.

XOOPS 2.5.5 should fix issues affecting time stamp.

We are trying to do our best to keep a very high degree of compatibility to older modules.

The key is to help us with testing of the new releases, so we learn about any potential issues before a Final release, and can fix them on time.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

pmarket
  • 2012/4/4 15:02

• pmarket

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/15

OK, set up a test site with the latest CMS where we Xoops members have Admin rights and we can install the modules we would like to use and the community can see if they work with your latest CMS.

That way we can see how it will affect the members / users experience. Then we can see if we want to install it. Instead of after the fact where we find problems with the modules not working properly affecting user experience and useability.

There nothing worse than having a service / product that frustrates the user's experience because it no longer works properly.

It would be nice if had one GREAT CMS that works with the apps / modules then we can focus on our members / users.

Mamba
  • 2012/4/4 16:08

• Mamba

@ pmarket:

that's why we have the test phase right now, so people can test it and tell us about any problems.

Everybody has a different configuration and different modules installed. We cannot test all of this ourselves. But our community can help by testing in "their" environment. And with tools like WAMP Server, it's so easy to do it locally on your PC. Or you can setup a test domain on your host, copy the current installation there, and you can test any new version before you install it on your production site.

Quote:
It would be nice if had one GREAT CMS that works with the apps / modules then we can focus on our members / users.

I want to believe that XOOPS is a GREAT CMS

But all of us can help to make it even better - by testing and/or contributing code, writing documentation, or by donating money. XOOPS is Open Source, and we love when people contribute back!
Support XOOPS => DONATE

vmax2extreme

Being I only have one site I manage, its hard to test with only a single production site. I cant afford to run the RC and break it more than it already is for my users.

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Quote:

XOOPS 2.5.5 should fix issues affecting time stamp.

We are trying to do our best to keep a very high degree of compatibility to older modules.

The key is to help us with testing of the new releases, so we learn about any potential issues before a Final release, and can fix them on time.

Mamba
  • 2012/4/5 16:55

• Mamba

Quote:
Being I only have one site I manage, its hard to test with only a single production site. I cant afford to run the RC and break it more than it already is for my users.

We don't want you to test it on a production site!

We want you to have a test site with the same modules and environment setup as your production site (and possibly the same database content), so you could test it over there and see if it works, before we release it as Final and you install it on the production site.

The worst thing is that you don't test it, and therefore don't discover a bug that is specific to your installation, then install the Final version, and then discover the bug. Now your customers have to deal with the consequences of it.

So my advice is: "you can NOT afford not to test it and not helping us with ensuring a bug-free Final release".
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits