redheadedrod
Re: XOOPS 2.6 modules

Sounds like we are moving in the right direction. Although there are hopes for lots of new features I do hope that the 2.6 branch focuses most on bringing Xoops up to date with SEO, Better module support for shared code and easier to write modules, support for other databases, plugins and hopefully multisite. More or less an upgrade of technologies.

As to newer modules I think they should stay the same name. Just update the version number.

In the modules administration area, to better support the newer 2.6 branch and where we are heading I think we should have (If not already there) a way to show dependencies and version compatibilities. Perhaps some additional fields in the version.php file for the modules. So if a module requires things to be installed the install script will look for them and not allow the installation if the dependencies are not met. Would also check against version and if not compatible it would not install as well. But I think that if we do add this stuff then the module structure should be the first concrete thing that won't change in the 2.6 branch.

If a depended on module or plugin is removed then the uninstall script should automatically disable those modules that depend on the removed modules and not allow them to be re-enabled until the dependent module/plugin is installed or a newer one in its place.
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

kris_fr
Re: XOOPS 2.6 modules
  • 2011/11/18 5:41

• kris_fr

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2005/12/31

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits