dentsidepics
Installing Xoops *after* Coppermine?

I realize this would have been simple for me had I installed Coppermine in a subdirectory from the start...but the site has evolved to the point where people are asking for a portal rather than *just* a gallery, as was the original intention.

So...I have Coppermine installed in the root directory. Is there any way to install Xoops in a subdirectory and make this all work, or do I have to check with the Coppermine folks about getting that into a subdirectory and installing Xoops afterward?

Thanks in advance!

iHackCode
Re: Installing Xoops *after* Coppermine?

as you know coppermine has a bridge for xoops, but it uses the other systems user's tables for the user/credentials/login (uses the xoops tables).

one solution i can think of is to install xoops, find a script that imports the users from coppermine to the xoops database tables, then configure the coppermine bridge.

another solution i can think of is creating your own authentication method, but the user would have to login again if they want to edit things in the gallery. that is unless something is done so the cookies would work with the gallery too.

i've never tried the xoops bridge in coppermine, but i've tried some of the others before.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits