ianez
fmcontent 1.02 Rc2
  • 2011/4/19 17:48

• ianez

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/1/26

first of all.. thanx Voltan for the fixings..
following the comments on the the release news I continue here the debug..

-About missing space..
Quote:
I have it. for example I have title like this : Test topic : Test content
can you shear a photo from your problem?

the missing space is fmcontent_legacy_content.html template line 34

-Breadcrumb
Actually to have somenthing similar to breadcrumb it's enough to create a first line in page with home : topic_title : Page_title and then in the following line a bigger page_title with headings.. I think some template change is enough for the moment,
could be great to have an option in topic management to decide if showing or not showing breadcrumb

-topic index page layout look messy
it looks messy in the sense that if you have a page with image inside the topic index shows the default page and then the following item (news, photo, or list view) breaks into the previous div..
this happen with floating objects inside divs.. I think a clearing div is missing.. but anyway there's a css hack for this..

- content page block shows a static page even if that page has become dynamic
actually I have a page showed in this block.. this page was static and later I've changed it into dynamic.. and it stil shows.. as you said I was expecting that only static page where loaded here..

-Module index page, Default topic page and Topic url rewrite
I put all togheter because if this has to be a plain content module topic is not only a container but can also be a part of the site structure.. and it could be great if admin could choose if the topic page is a page made of content or simply a list of the content it holds..
So talking practically there should be an option to use a page as the module index page different from the option to set it as default for the topic..
Actually for example I was not able to show a full page for a topic index without any other page
For this reason also I think that if you work on rewrite also topic should be rewritten.. it may be confusing that category is rewritten only in page url

-About url rewrite..
with a small hack I've reached an url rewrite like:
mysite.com/topic_title/page_title
so I've cleared any extension (html) and page-id number..
the url are written rightly in page but when I click on link it says I dont' have the permission to see that page.. probably I'm missing something in the htaccess rule.. any idea?

this post is so long so I'll tell you later about templates ideas and more about url rewrite
is actual fmcontent package upadated in tne release news?

thanx
Ian

voltan
Re: fmcontent 1.02 Rc2
  • 2011/4/20 5:44

• voltan

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/12/5

Quote:
the missing space is fmcontent_legacy_content.html template line 34

this part?

<div class="itemShort"><{$content.content_short}></div>
<{if 
$advertisement}>
<
div class="itemAde"><{$advertisement}></div>
<{/if}>
<
div class="itemText editable <{$multiple_columns}>" id="content_<{$content.content_id}>">

you can fix this space whit css codes in your theme. or change this design whit css too.

Quote:
-Breadcrumb
Actually to have somenthing similar to breadcrumb it's enough to create a first line in page with home : topic_title : Page_title and then in the following line a bigger page_title with headings.. I think some template change is enough for the moment,
could be great to have an option in topic management to decide if showing or not showing breadcrumb

I like tdmdownload Breadcrumb and I want add Breadcrumb like that for next version. but if you this simpale one is good I think I can do it today or tomorrow . but at this version I don't want add any changes in DB for add option for show / hide Breadcrumb for topics. I think at this moment we can use Display Topic option for show / hide Breadcrumb or have option in Preferences or both. which one you think good? ( for next version I will finish this part )

Quote:
-topic index page layout look messy
it looks messy in the sense that if you have a page with image inside the topic index shows the default page and then the following item (news, photo, or list view) breaks into the previous div..
this happen with floating objects inside divs.. I think a clearing div is missing.. but anyway there's a css hack for this.

I didn't see this problem. if poshible for you to test last SVN codes again? if you have problem please send a shot for me. I will check templates code too

Quote:
- content page block shows a static page even if that page has become dynamic
actually I have a page showed in this block.. this page was static and later I've changed it into dynamic.. and it stil shows.. as you said I was expecting that only static page where loaded here..

I add this option for just select page I think after change page topic you must change page block option again . But perhaps is better for this block to select all statics and dynamic pages . what is your idea?

Quote:
-Module index page, Default topic page and Topic url rewrite
I put all togheter because if this has to be a plain content module topic is not only a container but can also be a part of the site structure.. and it could be great if admin could choose if the topic page is a page made of content or simply a list of the content it holds..
So talking practically there should be an option to use a page as the module index page different from the option to set it as default for the topic..
Actually for example I was not able to show a full page for a topic index without any other page
For this reason also I think that if you work on rewrite also topic should be rewritten.. it may be confusing that category is rewritten only in page url

I must work on Topic url rewrite ant this option must be like content url rewrite. but I must work on this in next version . I want public final version in next week whit all bug fix. after that we can work on next version whit this options . module index page and topic pages must be better but it need to many codes and new codes have new bugs

Quote:
-About url rewrite..
with a small hack I've reached an url rewrite like:
mysite.com/topic_title/page_title
so I've cleared any extension (html) and page-id number..
the url are written rightly in page but when I click on link it says I dont' have the permission to see that page.. probably I'm missing something in the htaccess rule.. any idea?

you must have page id in your url for example
mysite.com/topic_title/page_id/page_title
and edit htaccess

ianez
Re: fmcontent 1.03 Rc3
  • 2011/4/22 10:56

• ianez

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/1/26

reinstalled version 1.03 c3, thanks for updating Voltan...
here some debug:

- missing space
to me is still in the same file fmcontent_legacy_content.html, here's the code snippet..
<div class="itemTitle"><h2><{if $link.topicshow}><a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/<{$xoops_dirname}>/index.php?topic=<{$link.topicid}>"><{$link.topic}></a> :<{/if}><{$content.content_title}></h2></div>

- breadcrumb
I like the new breadcrumb (even if I'm not a fan of arrows in it..),
I think the best solution is adding option in preferences and topic settings, even if for static page there will be always a problem because not being connected to as topic you'll have always to follow module settings..

- messy topic index page
you can reproduce the problem (which is just related to template I guess) if with default xoops theme you add an image to a page and set this as default for a topic, then you load the page for the topic and you'll se the page following the default breaking the layout.. I add that I was not able to set a topic index page with only the default selectep page displayed

- content list block define
is 'show type' correct or should be 'show order'?

- image resize
I've added an image wich is smaller than the thumbnail size in preferences and it has been enlarged to fit that size.. may be it's better if smaller image stay the same.. what's your opinion?

- content page block
the idea of selecting whatever page I prefer for displaying in the block looks better to me..

IDEAS
- topic / preferences settings
it's really cool to have per topic options.. to simplify things for users I would remove the display options select from preferences adding a note that the following options can be overrided by topic settings if needed, and all these useful option should be inserted in topic settings.. (for example the possibility to have different template for different topic, or different editor..)

- static page icon (admin side)
I think that the static page icon in topic admin management should be in content admin section.. I add that best solution could be a select right over the content list filtering the content in static/topic title/link

- url_rewrite
is the ID needed actually by the module to work? because without id and with the useful alias feature we could reach a really clean and meaningful url..

thanx
Ian

Login

Who's Online

115 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 115

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits