danielperaza
Is it possible to upgrade an OOOOOLLLDDDD 2.0.7.13 site to the latest version?

Hi! I'm in troubles right now, because a client has been running an old 2.0.7.13 xoops site for years on an totally obsolete platform. The hosting service provider now wants to shut down the server where the site runs, because it is now obsolete, and has provided a new server running PHP 5.1.6 & MySQL 5.0, where of course, the old site doesn't work.

However, I've been googling around the whole xoops website and it seems that the official patches have been deleted from the sourceforge repo. I've also installed the latest version of xoops, copied the site theme and modules, and it seems to work partially, but when I configure xoops to use the old database, or when I try to copy the old database data into the new one, the site crashes again.

Is there any hope for me to solve this problem?

Mamba
Re: Is it possible to upgrade an OOOOOLLLDDDD 2.0.7.13 site to the latest version?
  • 2011/3/8 18:15

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

There is no problem with upgrading directly from 2.0.7.13 to XOOPS 2.5.0. See the instructions here.

Look for:
Upgrading from any XOOPS ranging from 2.0.7 to 2.0.13.2 (using the full package)

My only concern would be with your server and PHP 5.1.6. Ask you host if you can have something higher than PHP 5.2, because that's what is required for XOOPS 2.5.0.

Regarding the old database, you should be able to convert it to XOOPS 2.5.0, but it might required some manual work, depending on the modules. We would have to know what module you have, and what versions. Then it will be easier to assess the situation.

Bottom line: it should be possible to convert to a new version of XOOPS

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits