wishcraft
X-Forum 5.72

Resized Image
X-Forum 5.72
Multifielded Forum with Extras, Multisite & Multilingual
Sponsored by PA Fly Fish

X-Forum is a completely extensible forum module for XOOPS, this is the complete stable release of the first version of 5 series, it includes multiple fields specifiable per post on individualized forums much like profile module.

Designed for XOOPS 2.4 and later version, it was written in response to problems with earlier forum titles, that had in some cases installation issues. With a broad range of options. X-Forum is a great solution to your forum requirements, complete with RSS Features and image management. It will utilise a wide range of options and allow your community to discuss issues, raise topic and solution. Complete with .htaccess example and SEO with a medium URL.

It has the ability to aggregate categories and forums to languages as well as domains with multisite 1.40 or X-Language. This means you can have forms and forum which only display on particular domains or under certain languages.

With X-Forum you can have all the convenience of the modular newbb path without the result. Based on CBB with a sound environment that even your grandma can use, I know mine does this is solid stuff coming directly to you under GNU Licenses.

Complete with Easy Path SEO Guide and help in the preference, you can even with some simple SQL Injections transfer your old CBB 2.x or 3.x over to X-Forum with ease. NOTICE!!! The .htaccess has changed since version 4.70!! - this is included in the /docs path of the archive.

We would like to thank PA Fly Fish for developing a bug list and paying for the module to be bug free for the entire community, it take commitment from my end users to make sure these titles are completely bug free. PA Fly Fish have ensured the forum under SEO is completely bug free finally. The .htaccess has changed since 5.71 there should be no more changes after this one.

Refactory Done:
  • No More Art Object - XOOPS 3.0 Compatible *
  • TCPDF - Used for PDF Generation
  • Multisite Support
  • X-Language/Multilingual Mode

Bugs Fixed:
  • .htaccess Bugs (Jumpbox, Main Options, Quick Reply + All Others)
  • WSDO for view forum ctrl+bug
  • WSOD for Block Last topic
  • Extra Fields Missing From Compact Display
  • Old Social Network Adds Removed
  • PDF Output now available

Download Now: xoops2.5_xforum_5.72.zip (6.1 MB)
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

luciorota
Re: X-Forum 5.72
  • 2011/2/28 14:13

• luciorota

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/4/20

Sorry Wishcraft but... i don't know how can I approve unapproved posts? can you help me?

Thanks for your job!

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=73291&forum=28&post_id=336410#forumpost336410

Rota Lucio
lucio.rota@gmail.com;
mobile: +39 338 9966321

Mamba
  • 2011/2/28 14:43

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Simon,

1) After installation, on the admin site following errors:

Quote:
Notice: Constant _AM_XFORUM_ADD already defined in file /modules/xforum/language/english/admin.php line 280
Notice: Constant _AM_XFORUM_EDIT already defined in file /modules/xforum/language/english/admin.php line 281
Notice: Constant _AM_Xforum_name already defined in file /modules/xforum/language/english/admin.php line 284
Notice: Constant _AM_XFORUM_SELECT already defined in file /modules/xforum/language/english/admin.php line 313
Notice: Constant _AM_XFORUM_CATEGORY already defined in file /modules/xforum/language/english/admin.php line 326
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/include/functions.php line 368
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/include/functions.php line 382

2) On the user site following errors:

Quote:
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/class/user.php line 57
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/include/functions.php line 368
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/include/functions.php line 382
Notice: Constant _MI_TEXT already defined in file /modules/xforum/language/english/modinfo.php line 122

Notice: Undefined variable: sel_sort_array in file /modules/xforum/viewforum.php line 12
Warning: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in file /modules/xforum/viewforum.php line 12
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in file /modules/xforum/viewforum.php line 12
Notice: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /modules/xforum/viewforum.php line 61
Notice: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /modules/xforum/viewtopic.php line 7
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/class/topic.php line 239
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/class/topic.php line 443
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/class/post.php line 915
Warning: ksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in file /modules/xforum/include/forumform.inc.php line 131
Warning: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in file /modules/xforum/include/forumform.inc.php line 133
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file /modules/xforum/include/forumform.inc.php line 133
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/class/readtopic.php line 77
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/class/readtopic.php line 105
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/class/readtopic.php line 109
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/class/readtopic.php line 116
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in S:\wamp\www\xtest2\modules\xforum\viewtopic.php on line 574
Warning: ksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in file /modules/xforum/include/forumform.inc.php line 131
Warning: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in file /modules/xforum/include/forumform.inc.php line 133
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file /modules/xforum/include/forumform.inc.php line 133

Installed on XOOPS 2.5.0 and PHP 5.3.4

3) Suggestion: can you include with the module a nice microbutton for Chronolabs, like we have this one for XOOPS:

Resized Image

I am sorry to say that, but:
a) your Chronolabs image is way too big
b) I am always suspicious if my module is accessing somebody's else Website and is downloading images/files without my permission.

I absolutely agree that you should be able to put an image advertising your Website and your services, but it should be included with the module and NEVER being downloaded from your Website, especially if it happens every time I change a page in the admin.

4) When I click on Forum test:

http://localhost/modules/xforum/viewforum.php?forum=1&type=0&mode=0&since=100&start=0&sortorder=DESC&sortname=f.forum_order

the link is broken

5) I am glad to see that you keep working on X-Forums. I'll test it some more and will let you know if I find anything else.

6) And please help us with testing and debugging these modules
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

wishcraft

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Simon,

1) After installation, on the admin site following errors:

Quote:
Notice: Constant _AM_XFORUM_ADD already defined in file /modules/xforum/language/english/admin.php line 280
Notice: Constant _AM_XFORUM_EDIT already defined in file /modules/xforum/language/english/admin.php line 281
Notice: Constant _AM_Xforum_name already defined in file /modules/xforum/language/english/admin.php line 284
Notice: Constant _AM_XFORUM_SELECT already defined in file /modules/xforum/language/english/admin.php line 313
Notice: Constant _AM_XFORUM_CATEGORY already defined in file /modules/xforum/language/english/admin.php line 326

2) On the user site following errors:

Quote:
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/class/user.php line 57
Notice: Constant _MI_TEXT already defined in file /modules/xforum/language/english/modinfo.php line 122

Notice: Undefined variable: sel_sort_array in file /modules/xforum/viewforum.php line 12
Warning: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in file /modules/xforum/viewforum.php line 12
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in file /modules/xforum/viewforum.php line 12
Notice: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /modules/xforum/viewforum.php line 61
Notice: Undefined variable: xoops_module_header in file /modules/xforum/viewtopic.php line 7
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/class/topic.php line 239
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/class/topic.php line 443
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/class/post.php line 915
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/class/readtopic.php line 77
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/class/readtopic.php line 105
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/class/readtopic.php line 109
Unknown: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in file /modules/xforum/class/readtopic.php line 116
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in S:\wamp\www\xtest2\modules\xforum\viewtopic.php on line 574

Installed on XOOPS 2.5.0 and PHP 5.3.4

Noticably I have told this to many people that on a production machine you turn the error check to report E_CRITICAL only on php.ini, these error for the moment will not be addressed.

But thanks, they are only warnings and notices nothing critical to operating.

Quote:

3) Suggestion: can you include with the module a nice microbutton for Chronolabs, like we have this one for XOOPS:

Resized Image

Care to make me one it is a co-op after all?

Quote:

4) When I click on Forum test:

http://localhost/modules/xforum/viewforum.php?forum=1&type=0&mode=0&since=100&start=0&sortorder=DESC&sortname=f.forum_order

the link is broken

I am not sure why that is, try with the .htaccess..

Quote:

5) I am glad to see that you keep working on X-Forums. I'll test it some more and will let you know if I find anything else.

many thanks mamba, much appreciated!!

Quote:

6) And please help us with testing and debugging these modules

Sure let me just finish Xpayment with aphex in the next couple of hours and it is finished no more programming of xpayment needed, I think all modules should have implementations of Xpayment and Tag module this will make more money in the industry and mean that all modules have a possibly of making an income..
Resized Image

Mamba
  • 2011/2/28 19:32

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Noticably I have told this to many people that on a production machine you turn the error check to report E_CRITICAL only on php.ini, these error for the moment will not be addressed.

But they are still bugs, aren't they?

Quote:
Care to make me one it is a co-op after all?

Since you're talking to Erol, ask him - I am sure, he can do a button much nicer that I could ever do.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

wishcraft

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Quote:

But they are still bugs, aren't they?

technically no, they are warnings and notices, not physical bugs as such.. I just don't have much time to work on the forum, I am sure at some point I will be able to work through them. Just notices and warnings as the code is php4 with a bit of php5.
Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits