blud
Templates not changing?
  • 2011/2/25 1:49

• blud

• Just popping in

• Since: 2011/2/25

(I searched these forums for "change template" and found nothing about how to change templates.)

I have a new install of Xoops, and I want to change my theme/template. So I downloaded zips of themes, unzipped them and uploaded them.

Then I go to the admin panel and Templates Manager to pick another theme. I tried picking another theme from the list, No to forced file generation, and All modules. I submit, but this does not change the theme of my website.

I tried again with another theme, this time I chose Yes to forced file generation. Still no change to my theme.

How do I change themes?

redheadedrod
Re: Templates not changing?

First of all, you need to tell us what you are using...

xoops version

maybe even php version would be helpful.

Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

blud
  • 2011/2/25 4:27

• blud

• Just popping in

XOOPS Version XOOPS 2.5.0
PHP Version 5.2.15
mySQL Version 5.1.39-log
Server API cgi-fcgi
OS Linux

blud
  • 2011/2/25 22:21

• blud

• Just popping in

I solved my problem. The thing is, I read the long installation instructions, and also looked for any other documentation or forum help about how to change your theme in xoops but there's nothing about it anywhere I can see...

So I go to my administration panel, look for where to change Themes, and the closest I can find is Templates. So I click on that and see a list of themes and a choice to "Select theme". And pick the theme I want.

But this is not where you pick themes. Coming from Wordpress or Joomla this is confusing imo.

The place to change themes in Preferences, General Settings. It is like this in phpbb as well, so it does make some sense.

The main problem is that when you go tohttps://xoops.org/modules/extgallery/ it doesn't say word one about how to actually use or set the themes. Also, doing a search on xoops.org doesn't come up with that information either.

iHackCode

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=208

Quote:
Using the terms used in Xoops 2.x:
A "Template" is a piece of html code that uses pre-set variables (provided by a specific module) to expose data to the site.
A "Theme" is a special template (or set of templates) that controls the style and graphics of a Xoops site, by taking the result of the first template (Data template), and sticking it where it's supposed to be according to the Theme. This means, again, that we have two templates: A Data Template, and a Theme Template.

also i think when you change the theme of your site, you may not see the new setting until you log back in again. because of the way the setting for the theme is set for the user. but there is also a block you can place to change between themes, that one though may not be permanent.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits