rcocchiararo
Upgraded to 2.5 (from 2.3.*), tinycontent no longuer works, time to change ?

Hi

For some time now, i've been managing my work's site, which was once made with xoops, multimenu, tinycontent, and maybe a few less used (in our site) modules.

Now im migrating our webserver, from windows, to linux, and have a mirror of it running in a virtual machine.

I upgraded xoops from the version that was running (which i had been keeping more or less up to date) to 2.5.0, and tinycontent is no longuer fully functional.

The site still works, but when we want to add or edit new content, we are taken back to the page that had the links for doing that.

i see that tinycontent is no longer under development (in fact, i think it was already dead when whoever made our webpage decided to use it...)

If anyone knows how to make it work with Xoops 2.5.0 (or if maybe, there is some linux permision or trick i might have forgoten), we might keep it.

If not, i might need to look for a replacement (only if there is an easy way to migrate all the content from tinycontent to the new module), or i will have to keep the site running an older version of xoops, until we finally make a 100% redesing of it.

On that topic, im open to accepting sugestions for replacements.

hipoonios
Re: Upgraded to 2.5 (from 2.3.*), tinycontent no longuer works, time to change ?
  • 2011/2/10 20:16

• hipoonios

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/9/24

I'm running Tinycontent version 1.5 on Xoops 2.5 and have no problems to add content.

Have you set the permissions of the content folder correctly? (CHMOD=777).

You can also try the TINYD module. You can upgrade from old tinycontent.
I love Xoops!

rcocchiararo
Re: Upgraded to 2.5 (from 2.3.*), tinycontent no longuer works, time to change ?

i just installe debian on the server (not virtual machine) and now i face the same problem on the older xoops version, so it was not 2.5 :P

i went and chmoded to 777 the whole www folder on that server (its still not on the internet, don't worry :p), but it did not work anyway.

i will keep tinkering with it.

rcocchiararo

Ok, i was unable to fix tinycontent under linux

but i upgraded to tinyd and it works now.

There is a "spaw" button that seems to do nothing, even after doing what the readme instructs you to do to use it, so thats the only thing i donĀ“t know if i can make work.

i tinyd fails to switch between graphic and code mode in the editor unless you use Internet explorer, kinda sad :( (just like tiny content)

on other browsers, you only get the code view.

rcocchiararo

Ok, i have tinyD working, partly.

I falied with the editor.

I get the "code view" in the editor (either internet explorer, which in tinycontent had a switch to change from "html code view" to "preview/graphical edit view", or in google chrome wich only had the html code view.)

In PEAK xoops where i got the latest tinyd module it says:

If you want to use features of PEAR Wiki or SPAW editor, upload common/PEAR and common/spaw into your XOOPS_ROOT_PATH

i uploaded the mentioned folders to the root of my site, but nothing changed. The "view switch button" is not there, and when i click on "spaw" i get an almost empty page with:

Edit/Delete Content | Add Content | Add PageWrap | Preferences |
"name" BB SPAW PLAIN

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (172 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits