ayathullah
School Archivng System
  • 2010/12/1 19:02

• ayathullah

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/11/30

Hi,

I've been looking through my school's archives and have found records dating back to well over a hundred years.
It seems that nothing is in order and there is a lot to sort out.
I would like to publish the documents onto a website and make it accessible to the public.
I'd like to know if you know of Xoops applications which can be used to catalogue the data and make it searchable on a website. If there aren't any can you please suggest how I may be able to create my own.

As I'm quite new to this concept let me know what should actually be in the database/catalogue (obviously things such as title,description and date have to be in there) I have a lot of scanning to do- so I can publish everything.
I was thinking of maybe doing it with an OPAC or Documnet Mangement System on Xoops- but I can't find any that will do the job. I'd like people to view the documnets on the webpage or on a lightbox but I don't want anyne to downlaod the files.

Please let me know if you have any ideas, suggestions, comments.

Many Thanks,
ayathullah

ghia
Re: School Archivng System
  • 2010/12/1 19:27

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
I'd like people to view the documnets on the webpage or on a lightbox but I don't want anyne to downlaod the files.
Then don't publish them at the internet!

If people can view it, they can save it and there is nothing that you can do to prevent that.

There is a Document Managment System module (DMS). If it are mainly scans, then an album module could also be considered.

btesec
  • 2010/12/1 22:50

• btesec

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/2/20

ghia is right about the documents being online, there is basically no option to avoid docs from being copied. There is always the print screen button on keyboards. or software. I think it depends on the type of content you want to publish, may need to watermark them.

The most suitable module would be formulize module, since it allows you to create any type of forms and fields for capturing and displaying data. However one of its disadvantages is that it does not provide for attaching files, my understanding is that it will be implemented in future. look herehttp://www.freeformsolutions.ca/en/forum/41
hope it helps

deepak267
  • 2010/12/8 11:37

• deepak267

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/8/15

you may try to use any e-commerce module with out the price.
you do need to some customisation.

I have customised kshop module to display some product/species at mysite here.

however, any customisation will need extra development and testing effort.

Good Luck.

Deepak
A member of www.AquariumHomeCare.com

rewwer
  • 2010/12/8 14:40

• rewwer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/10/2

sorry for off-topic ... 2deepak267 i sow at website an amreviws module with map of India, and iv got a question about it, is it a part of module or its just like a block with some html file inclusion?

Login

Who's Online

133 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 133

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits