d3fct
getting The following From address failed when tryin to use smtp mailer
  • 2010/11/9 2:59

• d3fct

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/11/7

i'm getting this issue when i try to do a lost password email request.

ok, i setup my smtp server to use yahoo's smtp server with my yahoo mail account credentials.

for some reason it errors with this: "The following From address failed: xxxxxxx@yahoo.com". now the from address its giving me, is my yahoo mail address.

is there another free smtp server to use, that you guys know of that won't give me any errors? that will 100% work on xoops.

unless i set it up wrong, heres a ss of my setup.
Resized Image

ghia
Re: getting The following From address failed when tryin to use smtp mailer
  • 2010/11/9 7:58

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

For Yahoo, I think you have to take some payed option to use it as SMTP. Else it is webmail only.

Did you not get an email box with your domain?
It's always less troublesome if you use an email address with your domain name in it.

d3fct
Re: getting The following From address failed when tryin to use smtp mailer
  • 2010/11/9 21:21

• d3fct

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/11/7

im using a free webhost, i had a hard time finding one that wasn't slow as hell ftp transfer, and it was advertised as free email accounts, but they dont offer them. so there's my main problem, i havent put a site to gether in a few years, use to be pretty simple and strait forward(i used phpnuke). i decided to try a different cms for this site just to learn, and it seems no matter where i turn i run into some sort of issue. if anyone knows of a decent free webhost that hosts mail accounts, i would be happy to change hosts, before i start puttin content and work into the site.

Login

Who's Online

255 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 255

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits