MNAT
Missing blocks
  • 2010/10/19 22:26

• MNAT

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/10/19

All of my blocks except the system blocks are missing.

I can edit them singly by going through "modify groups" but I can't delete them or find them in the "blocks" section. They do show up in Home page.

I've already deleted all of the modules that could have caused it except "AMS" and "xForums", which I'm reluctant to uninstall because I've already have the settings the way I want them. I've also gotten rid of all of the templates.

I have another site that I haven't done anything to (yet) and the blocks are all there. Both sites are on the same linux server (hosted by godaddy). The site in Question is

"http://www.thewahmbuzz.com"

Any ideas to fix the problem will be great. If you want more info, just let me know and I will provide it.

Thanks in advance.
Nancie

ghia
Re: Missing blocks
  • 2010/10/20 8:10

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

XOOPS and PHP version?
New installed or existing site?
The domain does not exist.

MNAT
  • 2010/10/20 22:42

• MNAT

• Just popping in

Sorry, I was pretty tired when I posted that and forgotten the most important info.

The site
http://www.thewahmbuzz.com

The forums were including the quote in the link. Here's the rest of the info:

PHP 5.x
Xoops 2.4.5
Installed directly by GoDaddy

I've had it up for a few weeks. Not sure if it happened after I had uploaded a bunch of modules to the module folder, which messed with the module index page, or when I tried to create a custom block and forgot to put in the name. The block never showed up so I tried again, this time with a name but it still didn't show up.

So I checked groups>modify and found it there. I was able to click on the custom block and modify it and even got it to where I wanted it, but when I did the same to the other blocks, they don't show up on the front page and the visible radio buttons remain empty.

Hopefully, that made sense.
Thanks

ghia
  • 2010/10/20 23:22

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Are you saying that when you modify the access status of the blocks with the check boxes in groups edit, the changes are not stored?
Then you have probably a problem with Suhosin.

MNAT
  • 2010/10/20 23:39

• MNAT

• Just popping in

Not only is it not stored (except for that one custom block), but in the blocks administration section, they're missing.

That said, I'll check out that other forum and let you know how it turns out.

MNAT
  • 2010/10/21 0:40

• MNAT

• Just popping in

Ahahaha! While it wasn't a problem with Suhosin like you thought, you did point me in the right direction. I ran checksum.php and found that the backend theme oxygen (the one I was using) had some invalid files.

After I changed to a different backend theme, the problem was fixed and I did get another block visible on the front page.

Moral of the story: It's always good to do a file check before asking a question with checksum

Note to godaddy users: you may have to download the zip file to get the checksum.php and checksum.md5.

What a relief. Thanks for all your help.
Nancie

Login

Who's Online

204 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 204

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits