Technicum
Login en Password e-mail to users
  • 2010/10/10 10:35

• Technicum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/9/6 5

Dear xoops users,

Running xoops 2.4.5 I was wondering whether there's a possibilty to mail my website users their login en password. This, because of that i'm running a new memberwebsite for my sea scouts association. But now the website's ready for use, I like to mail the members their login and a unique password, but i don't like that I have to mail them all seperately.

I know of the existance of the {X_UNAME} Tag, but my question right know is if there's a kind of the same tag for the password.

I hope you guys can help me out.

Many thanks,
Technicum.

ghia
Re: Login en Password e-mail to users
  • 2010/10/11 23:35

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

The password is encoded in the database. The only way to inform users about their password is using the change password link. In this case there will be a new one generated, sent to the user and then stored encoded.

In this French thread, you see how to implement a block, that asks for an email addres, where the password has to be sent.
There is also an extension of the user edit for when an user is added by the admin, the user gets an email.

Mazarin
Re: Login en Password e-mail to users
  • 2010/10/12 5:11

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/12/10

I ran into the same thing when launching a new site in late September. What I ended up doing was e-mailing the users their user name (using {X_UNAME} ) and an instruction on how to go into the "Forgot your password?" section of user.php so that they could request their password themselves.

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits