Mamba
The perfectly released XOOPS Module
  • 2010/7/25 16:49

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I am in the process of reconciling XOOPS modules on the SourceForge with the Burning's fantastic "XOOPS Resource Book", so we can update the SourceForge and our own Module Repository.

While doing it, I came across this little gem: xHelp 0.79 from Brian Wahoff and Eric Juden.

When I say - perfectly released, I mean the professional documentation around this module.

We all know how difficult it is to update somebody's else module - we need to dive in into the code trying to understand the functionality, features, what the module does, and how it does it.

And every time we wish that the developer had provided a detailed documentation.

That's what Brian and Eric did - they've included various diagrams, e.g. showing the Class Relationships:

Resized Image

the DB structure:

Resized Image

module workflows, and more.

There is also a spreadsheet with the list of Smarty variables used in Templates:
Resized Image

And there a list of Use Cases, and the roadmap for the module, and few other things.

I can only say "WOW"!!!!

I don't think that I've seen any other module that contained so much useful information. This is definitely the "Best Practice" in the world of XOOPS Module Development.

BTW - Marco's XQAS_Modules_CheckingTool 2.0 Final can be very helpful for Module developers, as well as the QA section on XOOPS Wiki
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

YellowRedWin
Re: The perfectly released XOOPS Module

Hello, I know this is a one year old post. But I am trying to add a ticket category function to this module, where can I get all these documentations?

Edit : Sorry, didn't realize the docs are in the module all the time.

mjoel
Re: The perfectly released XOOPS Module
  • 2011/5/20 10:48

• mjoel

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/12/9

this indeed a good module

btw Trabis did an update for this module

http://www.xuups.com/modules/publisher/item.php?itemid=28

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits