weeramon
Modules used on xoops.org ( Version 2.4.4 )
  • 2010/5/29 16:24

• weeramon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/12/13

Hi Guys,

I am not a complete newcomer, but could someone give me a list
of all modules used on the current xoops.org site which I believe is
2.4.4 version.

Please state the exact name ( version, release etc. ) like in the repository
or provide the exact working download links for the modules.

Also usually not necessary to say but also the additional ingredients needed to cook the soup like for example
smartobjects for smartsection.

My reasaon is very simple why should we or any newcomer mess around with all the different existing module versions in the beginning.

The result will only be that most guys are getting frustrated with using xoops from the very beginning.

I have heard about this idea to provide the next version with
some essential modules perhaps a good idea.

Everyone who then is happy to use xoops and not rather turn to another CMS will then be happy to test new modules plugin and what the hell is all around.

BUT GUYS GIVE THEM A WORKING ENVIRONMENT FIRST.

"You will not sell or let guys try furniture if you do not provide a warm and comfortable house for it."

I had posted once why I believe that xoops will not overcome f.e. WordPress or some other CMS systems.

But three major objectives must be achieved in order to create happy Xoops users.

1.) A version with some core modules on it
(OR AT LEAST A MAJOR SECTION ON THE HOMEPAGE WITH A GUIDE WHICH MODULES AND INGREDIENTS ARE USED OR CAN BE USED ON THE CURRENT VERSION TO DOWNLOAD )

2.) A list of Modules which are working on the current version.
Rather a small list but a working list.

3) Make sure that all download links for the respective modules are working and for the core, too. - currently the download for the core does NOT work.

4) Within the module downloads the correct or no link at all for the author of the modules - most sites are down.

5) A gallery for paid themes which should represent themes of professional developers like for ex. xoopsdesign.com ( unfortunately their site is down or closed for maintenance as well )

Well the house the furniture and the roof should be in order then you will get some visitors.

Really I would suggest instead of working on a new version and another new version and another new version is not really a good idea if your old house is still not comfortable to live in.

REAL LIFE EXAMPLE:

There is a brand called "Mercedes-Benz" which makes major model or type changes roughly all 10 years.

There is Toyota or other manufactureres who release a model almsot every three to five years by copying the already released MB model.

However we do not have to discuss which brand is the preferred
and which especially the Americans love to buy.

But in fact the buyers who are deciding for the MB do buy it for long term . The Toyota buyers will probably get rid of it after a brief time. Well another kind of buyer.

So perhaps since Xoops will definitely not be able to beat WordPress ( reason explained in earlier post )

WHY ARE YOU NOT GOING FOR TH EXLCUSIVE QUALITY CMS
(and take your time in doing it )

You might have have to change the name of the brand for the exclusive status, but that would not matter since there is anyway this trouble with xoops.com ( I have heard )

So long guys, I would really wish that Mamba, Ghia and the other major contributors are reading this and think about it.

PS. I have read over at least 2000 Posts and did really browse and explore xoops.org and I have used it and installed and tried to install 50 modules and tested them.

P.P>S: I have no big clue about coding or programming but I know how to drive a car and I know how to fix a car and many other things. More is not needed to know what works and does not .

PPPS. you should ready my first post on xoops related to WordPress and other CMS, too.

thanks for your consideration and hopefully the list of all modules and links for it I just would like to build a house where I can live in and close the doors and later on fool around in the house and hopefully not break it.

Login

Who's Online

249 user(s) are online (170 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 249

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits