Dante7237
Broke my install. ArGh! 2.4.4
  • 2010/2/21 4:18

• Dante7237

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/5/28

Ok I'm officially noob status.

1 minute I'm logging in, the next it's white screen hell.
I just installed the ipod and philosophy of liberty modules, and went to edit the file that displayed with the ipod mod and as soon as I log in to check my work the white screen hits and there's no longer any install present on page load.

**Edited for sanity's sake**
I had listed an old log. Not relevant to current issue. Sorry, but I'm tired and frustrated.

I have no clue what the issue is as I altered nothing in the XOOPS directory except the modules.

A baidu spider hit my site at the exact same time, although I doubt if that has anything to do with it. Its been blocked via .htaccess for months now.

Dante7237
Re: Broke my install. ArGh! 2.4.4
  • 2010/2/21 4:56

• Dante7237

• Friend of XOOPS

Ok, I'm getting error messages that are current at last:
ErrorSmarty errorthe $compile_dir 'public_html/xd/caches/smarty_compile' does not exist, or is not a directory.

I replaced the root directory php files as well as the themes directory with a backup. And most likely wrecked it even further..

But the path above doesn't look right. My secure directories are in my "home" directory, not public_html...

Help?

Complete error screen msg:
Warning: include(/home/dante723/public_html/xl/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open streamNo such file or directory in /home/dante723/public_html/reguser/modules/protector/preloads/core.php on line 33

Warning
: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/dante723/public_html/xl/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php'in /home/dante723/public_html/reguser/modules/protector/preloads/core.php on line 33
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error

You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site to help them solve the problem:

ErrorSmarty errorthe $compile_dir '/home/dante723/public_html/xd/caches/smarty_compile' does not exist, or is not a directory.

I'm off to bed. Maybe a clear fresh look will help.

Dante7237
  • 2010/2/21 14:55

• Dante7237

• Friend of XOOPS

So nobody has any helpful suggestions/tips?
Like how to re-compile or fix the smarty cache?
How to access admin functions?

Anyone?

Mamba
  • 2010/2/21 15:07

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I suggest to read the Installation Guide and follow exactly the installation information there, especially as it relates to "xoops_data" and "xoops_lib" directories.

Quote:
But the path above doesn't look right. My secure directories are in my "home" directory, not public_html...

For Linux/Unix it could be the physical directory "public_html". Obviously, your mainfile.php points to that directory:

/home/dante723/public_html/xl/

as it is indicated in your error message, so you should use it, or change the entry in your mainfile.php

Also, make sure that all the cache directories are set to 777 permissions (again, read the Installation Guide)

Dante7237
  • 2010/2/21 22:10

• Dante7237

• Friend of XOOPS

I had a working install, and have had some version of XOOPS running off and on for a couple of years now..

Like I said, I didn't alter anything except to install the two aforementioned modules and to edit the text that was displayed with the ipod mod.

I log in to check the work, and it says "welcome" and goes whitescreen on me.

The placement of the renamed directories (xd & xl) worked fine for several months up until that point...They were out of the XOOPS path and 1 level above my public_html as was recomended in the installation instructions.

Whatever. I'll just re-install and forget about participating here in the forums.

Mamba
  • 2010/2/22 2:37

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Like I said, I didn't alter anything except to install the two aforementioned modules and to edit the text that was displayed with the ipod mod.

Obviously something has been changed, otherwise you wouldn't get the error about a wrong Smarty cache error.

Sometimes old modules, which have compatibility problems, create white pages, and the best way is to unistall them.

Quote:
Whatever. I'll just re-install and forget about participating here in the forums.

I am sorry to hear that. Look, we are trying to help you. But I am not in your system, so I cannot see what has been changed, or what is wrong.

If you want, you can PM me your XOOPS login and password info, and FPT info, and I can look into it.

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits