redheadedrod
Thought about included modules for future releases of Xoops

With version 2.4.3 (And probably earlier ones) the Protector module is included.

I am thinking that when any module is included with the core package that the install of the packages should not require ANY patching when you are up and running. You should just have to place your files in the right directories and run the install script.

With Protector being such an important module I would think that support for it should already be in the core so all you need to do is turn the module on and go.

I would hope consideration for any such module in the future would be that you should not have to do any patching or modification of the core code to get included modules to work 100%.

Thanks for your consideration.

Rodney

Mamba
Re: Thought about included modules for future releases of Xoops
  • 2010/1/7 15:25

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
With Protector being such an important module I would think that support for it should already be in the core so all you need to do is turn the module on and go.

And this is EXACTLY what we did with Preloads, i.e. you don't need to hack anything.

If you have a fresh installation, you don't have to do anything.

If you are updating an existing installation, we tell you in the Installation Guidelines:
Quote:
7. If you have Protector previously installed, open the "mainfile.php" file , and remove the Pre-check and Post-check lines (if they exist):

include XOOPS_TRUST_PATH.'/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php' ;
include XOOPS_TRUST_PATH.'/modules/protector/include/postcheck.inc.php' ;

Login

Who's Online

267 user(s) are online (177 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 267

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits