kwoodall
Nothing showing for anonymous users on top page!
  • 2009/9/16 1:59

• kwoodall

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/9/16

I'm working on upgrading my site from a rather old RunCMS to XOOPS 2.3.3b. I used exporting/importing the tables from the database as CSV and reconformed the columns to match the new structures and most everything seems to work well.

Except for browsing the site without logging in. You just see the header and that's it. No blocks, nothing. I've got most of the site setup for anonymous to view everything and it did work before but no luck now.

Any ideas?

K

Mamba
Re: Nothing showing for anonymous users on top page!
  • 2009/9/16 3:39

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

If it worked before, and now doesn't, you have to go through your steps backwards, and figure out what you've changed, that has impacted it.

If it works for registered users, but not for not-registered, that it seems like there is something missing in the group permissions.

kwoodall
Re: Nothing showing for anonymous users on top page!
  • 2009/9/17 17:02

• kwoodall

• Just popping in

I narrowed the problem down to the Publisher module. I've tried it on my production site as well as on a clean XOOPS install with a clean Publisher install and no luck.

It's as if the permissions for anonymous users to view Publisher's blocks and articles is turned off but they show (in Groups) as turned on. I've even tried flipping them but to no avail. Any ideas what would do this or where I could check in the code or database?

Kermit Woodall
Managing Editor
GadgetNutz.com

kwoodall
Re: Nothing showing for anonymous users on top page! HELP!!!
  • 2009/9/19 18:14

• kwoodall

• Just popping in

No...it's not just the publisher module. Any ideas people?

Help!

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits