webweaver
Problem with Permissions
  • 2009/7/3 2:10

• webweaver

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/3/24

Hi,

I installed XOOPS 2.3.2 a while ago and my site has been up and running with this version for about a month. Somehow, in the Administration menu, under system, if I choose something like Blocks or Modules, I am recently getting a message that "Sorry, you don't have permission to access this area". Then I get kicked out of that area.

I am not sure what happened to cause this (I had originally been able to access these areas and my administrative user ID has permissions to everything under user profile...

Any ideas how to fix this without bringing the site down

Thanks

xsell
Re: Problem with Permissions
  • 2009/7/3 8:55

• xsell

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/9/2 1

Try Make another Admin ID with permissions to every thing and see wht happens .. .. i'm not Expert but that wht i might do if i have the same Probelm

culex
  • 2009/7/3 9:47

• culex

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/23

1)If you can access you groups in system try to see your group to see if your name is still in the list in the bottom of the page. If it is try to update to see if this makes any difference.

2) again if you have access, turn on php debug in settings to see if showing any errors. Maybe some module is preventing reading your permissions

3) Maybe your database table grop permissions is damaged

Try REPAIR TABLE `xoops_group_permission`
in phpmyadmin and see if this makes any changes
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

webweaver
  • 2009/7/3 10:42

• webweaver

• Just popping in

Hi

I don't have access to groups. Where do I do the repair table?

Also tried creating a new admin id and that did not work.

webweaver
  • 2009/7/3 13:56

• webweaver

• Just popping in

I don't seem to be able to turn on debug. The permissions were working after I added the last module.

Any other suggestions about how to salvage this without losing all the work I have done?

webweaver
  • 2009/7/3 17:04

• webweaver

• Just popping in

I found an old thread from GHIA (in 2006) and I checked my group permissions table and I have all the values GHIA has listed.

The thread I found (but which has not solved my problem) ishttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=67268&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0

webweaver
  • 2009/7/3 17:30

• webweaver

• Just popping in

Could there be another table that is missing something that I need to insert into to be able to have permissions to the items under system again?

ghia
  • 2009/7/3 18:43

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
Where do I do the repair table?
It is a function in phpMyAdmin (Select the table and tab operations).
Quote:
I don't seem to be able to turn on debug.

See this
Quote:
Any other suggestions about how to salvage this without losing all the work I have done?
Take a total backup of your site: Files and database!
Quote:
old thread from GHIA (in 2006)
Old, old, .. last year!!! and the code is from Trabis!
Quote:
Could there be another table that is missing something that I need to insert into to be able to have permissions to the items under system again?
What user id (uid) are you using? If different from 1, then the SQL commands are to no avail.

webweaver
  • 2009/7/3 19:35

• webweaver

• Just popping in

Quote:

ghia wrote:
Quote:
Where do I do the repair table?
It is a function in phpMyAdmin (Select the table and tab operations).
Quote:
I don't seem to be able to turn on debug.

Quote:
What user id (uid) are you using? If different from 1, then the SQL commands are to no avail.

I found the repair tables in phpAdmin and I did that - it did not change anything.

I will try the debug thread you give and see if that turns up anything. Will let you know.

I'm logging in as the administrative userid I created when I installed XOOPS (I thought there is also one actually with admin as login because when I tried to register that today it said admin is reserved so I thought maybe there was that ID to use too).

webweaver
  • 2009/7/3 21:11

• webweaver

• Just popping in

I turned on debug through both ways described in the link ghia gave one at a time. With each style given, I logged back out, and back in, and did the offending actions. I did not get any debug messages on the screen (and do not see any log either). I turned debug back off again since the site is live.

I do have a full backup of the database and files. I've done backups pretty regularly. But I wouldn't know what to restore from the old stuff without corrupting my work.

Webweaver

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits