samp17
Xoops DMS module docs repository, cannot upload
  • 2009/3/8 19:22

• samp17

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/3/8 1

Hey Guys,

I am new to Xoops, and my main reason for choosing it, is I need to create a simple site, where multiple users an log in and upload their own documents, but not edit other users' documents.

I have chosen to use the Document Management System Module but cannot get it working. I have installed it properly, and get access to all of the admin features. But I cannot upload any files. This immediately makes me thinks that the repository is not set up correctly.

All of my folders currently have the highest permission setting, so can read and write, etc. I was wondering if anybody can provide me with more specific instructions on how to choose the document repository path. Also because I have written in that field in the options, I cannot find anyway to edit this path now. Which means it could be wrong and I can't change it.

Can somebody please help,

Sam

samp17
Re: Xoops DMS module docs repository, cannot upload
  • 2009/3/8 19:25

• samp17

• Just popping in

This is the error provided:

Error: Unable to move document. Ensure that the repository is available and that the web server is able to access the repository.
SP:/tmp/phporsxF6
DP:docs/1/1/1/1200001.dat

Tazman_al
  • 2009/3/8 19:43

• Tazman_al

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

This is taken from the readme.txt file:
Quote:
The document repository is the location where all of the documents will be stored. The document storage path is the sub-directory that is the root of the document repository.
An example of this location is /var/dms_repository. The web server MUST have read/write permissions to this location. If the web server does not have the rights to the location of the document repository, this module will not function and you will be unable to upload documents.

Once this has been set (even if to wrong location) the only way to change it is using phpmyadmin from your webhosting company.
Find the table 'dms_config' and find the entry 'doc_path' (should be the 3rd item). Click edit and enter the correct repository path. Note that this needs to be the server path and not a http path (something like mywebspace/htdocs/mysite/modules/dms/repository).
Once set everything should work correctly.

Al

samp17
  • 2009/3/8 20:28

• samp17

• Just popping in

Thank you for your quick response.

I have managed to locate phpmyadmin, and have located the table and path. Unfortunately I cannot find the correct path to use. No matter what I update phpmyadmin with, the DMS config page still says ' Document Storage Path: docs' (which is the old folder I entered.).

The host ishttp://www.steadywebs.com
and my website ishttp://lipa.steadywebs.com

I am running XOOPS as usual in the root folder, and then /modules/dms/repository i presume would be the default but I dont know exactly what to enter in this field.
Please can you suggest a path to enter into the doc_path field that I can use. I dont mind where this folder is placed. Just as long as it works.

Thanks,
Sam

Tazman_al
  • 2009/3/8 22:34

• Tazman_al

• Just popping in

2 things to check.
First make sure that the folder you want to use exists and is writeable by the server.
Second - look in mainfile.php for Quote:
// Physical path to the XOOPS documents (served) directory WITHOUT trailing slash
define( 'XOOPS_ROOT_PATH', 'server path' );

XOOPS_ROOT_PATH will show what the server path is to the root of your XOOPS installation - use this and add the rest of the path like you have suggested.
All should now work!!!

Alan

samp17
  • 2009/3/8 23:09

• samp17

• Just popping in

Okay Thank you once again. I have typed in the full path now and it looks like it has found the right directory. When I try uploading the file I am no longer shown the error message. But it still does not work. I now get the following message:

Error: Uploaded document is not unavailable.
SP:
DP:/www/steadywebs.com/l/i/p/lipa/htdocs/modules/dms/repository//1/1/1/2600001.dat

Do you have any ideas why this could be?

Sam

Tazman_al
  • 2009/3/8 23:28

• Tazman_al

• Just popping in

just wondering - when entering path in phpmyadmin did you put a '/' at the end? If so try taking it out.

samp17
  • 2009/3/8 23:37

• samp17

• Just popping in

yeah, thanks for the suggestion. I thought the two back slashes were a bit weird so tried taking it out, but for some reason it still shows two in the error message. When I navigate in the file manager to the 'repository' folder it seems to have created a folder '1' inside it, so I presume it is the correct directory.

Tazman_al
  • 2009/3/8 23:37

• Tazman_al

• Just popping in

Another idea. What version of XOOPS are you using? I noticed that your site says 2.0 - XOOPS is currently on version 2.3.2b

I am using version 1.87 of the DMS with latest xoops.

Alan

samp17
  • 2009/3/8 23:44

• samp17

• Just popping in

Okay, I just had another go at uploading a file then, and it uploaded fine. So it works, I suppose maybe it took a minute or so to register a change in document path or something. I dont know, I dont have the knowledge. But it is all fully working now, so yes, I just want to say thank you tazman al for your help, and helping me sort it out in a couple of hours.

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits