ChaoticMess
Suddenly get "This is your first time to enter the administration section"

Hi,

I've a production site that's been up for about 2 years. Today when I login as admin I get the message "This is your first time to enter the administration section. Press the button below to proceed". Now since I've logged in as admin thousands of times I'm slightly concerned. Anyone see this before ?

CM

Anonymous
Re: Suddenly get "This is your first time to enter the administration section"
  • 2008/12/28 22:44

• Anonymous

• Since:

This message appear again if cache/adminmenu.php deleted

ChaoticMess

Wow five minute turn around on this question. Thanks Mowaffak..I flushed that directory recently.

DobePhat
  • 2009/8/8 19:36

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

argh..got this message suddenly and its in a loop.
everytime we restore the adminmenu.php and then do something like submit preferences (which generally clears the cache) the adminmenu.php gets deleted. Cant seem to get it to restore by clicking on "first time entering admin.." this is really bizarre.

Anyone have any suggestions? been finding lots of similar questions in the search and so have tried many things.

Don't understand how cache files are being written into the directory and yet it cannot create a new adminmenu.php. Possible still a permissions issue?

Thanks!

mboyden
  • 2009/8/9 15:38

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Did you add any new modules or make any changes to settings? At one point, I'd found a conflict with ThAdmin and the menu rewriting in the AltSys module were creating a conflict that was doing that same type of thing. What settings did you recently change? Do you have a database backup from before the problem existed that you can check against the current database (which might help pinpoint such)? (If not, I'd suggest you install the Backup module and implement it for the future ). If you run AltSys, try turning off the menu rewrite part and see if that helps.

Narrowing down the issue is always the fun part, but it makes it easier to find the solution. Did you activate a new module, change a new setting, or make a change to your php.ini file? New site? Upgrade? Something else? We need additional info.

DobePhat
  • 2009/8/9 19:38

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks, rolled back to a previous version of the site and still have a same problem.
Cant recall if we did anything different (small team works on site). It was just really surprising when it happened.
The gut feeling is that its a server issue, and that somehow the permission settings are incorrect.

(cache, templates_c, uploads ) problem is it does appear to be writing to cache, but it wont recreate the adminmenu.

Will ask host to check out server logs.
Will let ya know if anything is found. But basically we had been running the site without problem for the past year (and it has been around for the past 5) so it just seemed so odd.

ghia
  • 2009/8/9 19:54

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Humm, there is that message in language/english/admin.php called AD_PRESSGEN, but I don't see in the standard XOOPS any place where it is used.
So, it must come from one of your installed modules?

DobePhat
  • 2009/8/10 18:29

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

Solution:

For us the solution was we hard navigated to the Modules admin and updated the SYSTEM module. For some reason the adminmenu.php is now being created.

Not sure how or why but this method worked for us.

Our server has been a little unstable lately but it appears to be primarily from versioning inconsistancies.
Its possible an auto backup affected us.

either way seems to be resolved for the time being.
Thanks -

DobePhat
  • 2009/8/11 17:09

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

Unfortuantely its not resolved, after prefrences update-once again no admin menus etc.

Really frustrating problem that feels like it's come out of nowhere.

xoops 2.0.18.1
ph 5 , MySQL 5 etc

thanks

mboyden
  • 2009/8/11 18:27

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

I had this problem, but it was using XOOPS 2.3.x and AltSys 0.61a, the Blocks/Templates management module by GIJoe (Peak XOOPS - Japan). I don't know if it will help, but the problem description sounds similar to this one. It was fixed with an update to the AltSys module.

Maybe a list of the modules and their versions, too, if this isn't the issue.

Still trying to figure out how to help you narrow down the issue. If it was working fine, then something changed in the preferences of the install or a change on the server by your ISP.

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits