bearcat
Help can't find upgrade from 2.2.3 to 2.3.1
  • 2008/11/19 18:59

• bearcat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/7 1

I want to upgrade from 2.2.3 Final to 2.3.1 but can't find the download. I don't want to have to start from scratch again. Any advice or help is welcome. the main reason I want to upgrade is I want to upgrade to the newest CBB which has captcha verification for the posts.

stefan88
Re: Help can't find upgrade from 2.2.3 to 2.3.1
  • 2008/11/19 19:53

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

there is no separate upgrade package - you should use the full package. Read the readme file.

But first, before upgrade, do a full backup of database and files!!!

Quote:
Upgrading from XOOPS 2.0.* above 2.0.14 and 2.2.* (using the full package)
1. Move the "upgrade" folder inside the "htdocs" folder (it's been kept out as it's not needed for full installs) on your local machine
2. Delete htdocs/mainfile.php, htdocs/install/, htdocs/cache/, htdocs/extras/, htdocs/template_c/, htdocs/themes/ and htdocs/uploads/ from the "htdocs" folder on your LOCAL machine
3. Upload the content of the htdocs folder on your LOCAL machine over your existing files on your server
4. For security considerations, you are encouraged to move directories xoops_lib (for XOOPS libraries) and xoops_data (for XOOPS data) out of document root, or even change the folder names.
5. Make the directory of xoops_data/ writable; Create and make the directories of xoops_data/caches/, xoops_data/caches/xoops_cache/, xoops_data/caches/smarty_cache/ and xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile/ writable.
6. Ensure the server can write to mainfile.php
7. Access /upgrade/ with a browser, and follow the instructions
8. Follow the instructions to update your database
9. Write-protect mainfile.php again
10. Delete the upgrade folder from your server
11. Update the "system" module from the modules administration interface, other modules are recommended to update as well

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits