gediminasbyt
Issues with MediaWiki

I'm trying to figure out how to use MediaWiki on this site and on my own site. I am forced to use MediaWiki as I'm migrating it to XOOPS portal from standalone install. There are several issues I've encountered on latest XOOPS 2.3.1 with latest available MediaWiki 1.7.1.

1. How to to switch back from "Switch to MediaWiki mode". I've tried on xoops.org and it's all kept in a cookie. I'd like to put a link that would "Switch to Integrated mode" or similar.

2. Search does not work on my install, however when you do search on xoops.org it does return results from mediawiki too. Would be nice to get some details on this hack that was done on xoops.org. (I can't use google search as it's internal site)

3. In integrated mode writing an article is almost impossible - that box is tiny - where can I set it's size or better off have an ability to maximize.

4. I was forced to disable $wgFCKUseEditor in LocalSettings.php as that completely breaks tables.[edit] yes, I have tried updating to 'fckeditor'[/edit]

Thanks.

gediminasbyt
Re: Issues with MediaWiki

hmm, nobody?

krauh
  • 2008/11/8 16:52

• krauh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/25

To get out of mediawiki mode you click the logo and that switches back to your original site view.It does seem that there would be a link like the one that says :swith to mediawiki mode somewhere in mediawiki mode to get you back to where you began.The logo works tho,Just doesnt inform you that it does.

I've also noticed the search between the XOOPS search and the search in mediawiki don't return the same results or as many for the same terms.

I just installed it last week on my site and got it working but Im pretty much a newb to using wikis but I like this module.Prompted to add it to my site because half the time when you do a search through an engine wiki sites seem to be taking top rank lately but do to the search difference I'm thinking it may not carry much relevance to the search engines as they may not find the information as easily.

Overall though I think it a great module with a ton of potential and I believe the person who made this module is still planning to make improvement as it hasn't been listed as a final version.

Looking forward to its future

gediminasbyt

krauh -

I'm afraid to say there is no future for that module as developer is in China where mediawiki is being blocked and developer has mentioned there will be no more work being done - unless there is someone else who'll pickup module development.

Thanks for the 'flower' hint need to figure out how to get an actual link now.

Did anybody figure out fckeditor in 2.3.1?

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits