HannY
Liga Manager Online module
  • 2008/10/19 19:55

• HannY

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/9/2 1

I'm trying to install this old module with XOOPS 2.3, but it doesn't work...
Could anyone tell me what i should do to make it work?

HannY
Re: Liga Manager Online module
  • 2008/10/19 21:07

• HannY

• Just popping in

no help here ? it's really urgent, i'm willing to pay if neccessary!

Mamba
  • 2008/10/19 22:28

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I'm sorry to see that you're disappointed that you haven't see a response within two hours from your original posting. But sometimes it takes much longer, and sometimes you might not get the answer, because people might not use this particular module.

What would help is to say what kind of errors are you getting. Stating that it just doesn't work is not very helpful.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

HannY
  • 2008/10/19 22:42

• HannY

• Just popping in

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
I'm sorry to see that you're disappointed that you haven't see a response within two hours from your original posting. But sometimes it takes much longer, and sometimes you might not get the answer, because people might not use this particular module.

What would help is to say what kind of errors are you getting. Stating that it just doesn't work is not very helpful.

first of all, i didn't say that i'm dissapointed. I just pointed out it was urgent, so I don't think your sarcasam was neccesary, but ok, you have every right to use it

Ok, now i'm gonna try to explain it more deeply. I instal LMO module, but first thing i noticed is that when i go to system-modules LMO doesn't have an icon next to it, and insted of LMO (or something else?) it writes - _MI_LMO_001

here is a screenshot of that:
http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/192777_lmoproblem.JPG

And when i click on LMO link in my administration, I get the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@virtual-gamer.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at www.virtual-gamer.org Port 80

So, am I doing something wrong here or simply this module is outdated ?

Mamba
  • 2008/10/19 22:51

• Mamba

Quote:
first of all, i didn't say that i'm dissapointed. I just pointed out it was urgent, so I don't think your sarcasam was neccesary,

I didn't mean to be sarcastic, so if it came across this way, my apologies. I just tried to set the right expectations on response times.

What version of LMO do you use, and where did you download it from?
Support XOOPS => DONATE

HannY
  • 2008/10/19 22:55

• HannY

• Just popping in

i downloaded it from XOOPS site. here is the link:
https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=43&lid=1179

ghia
  • 2008/10/20 0:22

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Did you duplicate the languages files to your language (english?)?

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/20 0:31

• Anonymous

• Since:

yes, this module need english translation .. anyone can help so we can update it to new version ?

LMO XOOPS module based on LigaManager Online 3.02b ( 2002 ) and now there are new one.

Mamba
  • 2008/10/20 0:32

• Mamba

1) _MI_LMO_001

this means that you don't have translated language files for your local configuration. You'll to create your local language (e.g. /language/english) and then copy the files from /language/german to your local language directory and translate them from German.

2) I'm not sure why the image doesn't show, since it's in the /images directory

3) I've installed it on my local server with XOOPS 2.3.1, and have the same problems, i.e. the module creates the same errors as with you.
But according to the description, LMO needs register_globals to be on, which for security purposes, most server don't allow. This might create the problems, but I'm not sure.

If don't get any help here, and are willing to pay, you might try to contact some of the developers listed here

But hopefully some of our local experts will help.

BTW - I've created a quick & dirty English translation, and changed the menu file, so the Admin menu is not hard-coded in German. You can download it here.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Mamba
  • 2008/10/20 2:38

• Mamba

You can also try the TPL League Stats, which you can see in action here.

You can also check out a slightly modified version for Soccer World Cup, that seems to work in XOOPS 2.3.1 just fine.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits