tenawan
I deleted module folder in Cpanel by accident and now I got problem
  • 2008/10/12 1:51

• tenawan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/10/6

I installed one module succesfully.By accident I deleted the the module folder through Cpanel.I try to re installed but not successful.The module still appear at main menu and of course will generated error once clicked.I deleted all database related to the module and some file references in XOOPS but the link menu still appear in module admin,main menu and block admin.How could I deleted all references to this module through xoop file system.What file should I look for?TQ.Big headache.

ghia
Re: I deleted module folder in Cpanel by accident and now I got problem
  • 2008/10/12 7:22

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
I deleted all database related to the module and some file references in XOOPS but the link menu still appear in module admin,main menu and block admin.
You mean the tables associated with the module?

But that is not enough. Look up in phpmyadmin the module id of your deleted module in table xoops_modules. Delete the record. Scan all the other tables which have a field with the module id (mosttimes the fieldname contains mid) and delete all the records with this module id. (Backup before!)

Mamba
  • 2008/10/13 4:08

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

If it doesn't work what Ghia recommended, try again to reinstall the module, and then uninstall it. If you get errors about tables, it means that you didn't delete all of them.
This is the common issue that I've received when I've deleted accidently a module and then messed up the tables.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

tenawan
  • 2008/10/13 10:16

• tenawan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/10/6

Thank you for the advice.I will try it first. I will informed the forum once I get it right.

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits