sailjapan
Theme messes up blocks. (could this be a 2.3 bug?)

Hi. I'm using a theme called 'bState' from the beta theme gallery here.
I have a problem with blocks. Some of them show where they're told to, some of them don't.
My site shows all blocks correctly if I use a Morphogenesis theme, so I'm guessing that the problem lies in the bState theme itself rather than the XOOPS install (2.3.1RC).
Is there anyone can point me to the right files to look at that control block layout, and can someone provide me with an example of the relevant code that is known to work?
Any suggestions much appreciated.

Possibly guilty files in the theme folder:
block_s.css
blocks.css
blockszone.html
centerblocks.html
layout.css
style.css
theme.html

(I mention the possibility of this being a 2.3 bug as there seems to be a lot of folk out there on the forums having block trouble after upgrading... maybe something in the way XOOPS processes a certain instruction in some themes was changed by accident. just a thought.)
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

ianez
Re: Theme messes up blocks. (could this be a 2.3 bug?)
  • 2008/10/15 22:14

• ianez

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/1/26

first a question.. does it happen with the default XOOPS theme? and more.. can you peovide a screenshot of how things are messed up?
I suspect is a css problem

Ian

sailjapan

Thanks for the reply, ianez. I should have written here earlier but I got in touch with the theme's designer and got it fixed. Indeed, it was a css problem.
I have a fixed copy if anyone needs it.

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

ianez
  • 2008/10/17 7:59

• ianez

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/1/26

if the problem stays in xoops.css.. it should have been fixed before the 2.3.1 announcement as just suggested earlier..

happy your problem is solved

IAn

kerkyra
  • 2008/10/17 10:00

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/14

i'm getting of subject here...but cant resist hehehehee ianez excellent avatar mate lol
www.guidemap.gr - Beta is out...

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits