efrael
Xpress URL change
  • 2008/5/12 17:36

• efrael

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/5/12

I'm really new here, and first of all "Hi" to everybody

I have a couple of questions, hope you can help.

I decided to install the xpress module in order to give user's their own pages, where they can present themselves, write cv, publish pictures, or whatever. I would like to offer the chance to have more than one page, in a tree structure.
I also think that such a user would like to link to his page from somewhere else, and so I'd like to give him the chance to have a friendly URL. I mean something like www.mysite.com/pages/username, instead of www.mysite.com/modules/wordpress/page_id=1

So my questions are:

Is the xpress module the best choice to achieve this goal or does anyone know a better solution?

Could a user log in into XOOPS and have enough permissions in order to create new pages with xpress?

I tried to force xpress to use a different directory as home page, different from the default, i change all the variables, but if I call the new index.php (i.e. www.mysite/pages/index.php i have this error

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /web/htdocs/www.mysite.com/xoops/modules/wordpress/templates/wordpress/header.php on line 3

It seems that the new configuration works fine but some variable in a function is not recognised or something like.

Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot

Login

Who's Online

133 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 133

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits