Quest
Okay, I'm Lost Again!
  • 2008/1/20 14:06

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Don't mean to be rude but I gotta tell ya guys-ya got me bemiffed once again!

Where are the Themes and the Modules now? Probably right under my nose but I haven't found them for the last 15mins and I just don't feel this is right. I understand alot is happening on xoops.org and for that I am gratefull, however some changes should be noted/highlighted for ease of xoops.org use.

When I started using Xoops:

Themes Library
Module Library

Bad Bad Bad angry person messed that up:

Newest Themes went to News
Newest Modules went to News

Took many of us a while to figure that out and even longer for new comers.

Now! They don't appear to be arranged at all on the top page, not from what I and I suspect any newcomer could tell if coming to XOOPS as a beginner.

It didn't take me long to figure out that the site content organization had changed some but having the updated modules, newly published modules, and I guess themes too, inter-mingled as titles among other types of news, topics and compressed together the way they are is, well is rather rediculous IMHO.

BTW: Keep up the great work and many other changes. Change is good-when it makes since!

BTW: Surprised! and Evil Very Mad are still missing in the smilies pop-up.

Quest

irmtfan
Re: Okay, I'm Lost Again!
  • 2008/1/20 15:10

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:

It didn't take me long to figure out that the site content organization had changed some

yeah it changed but these changes in the Home Page is just temporary.
you are totally right and the current first page is not good at all.
but the design team work on the new XOOPS face and i hope they can make it happen very soon.
again i should say im sorry but we have many works to do but the number of volunteers are not enough.
do you want to help? please read the DPT Proposal and join to one of the XOOPS Teams you like:
https://xoops.org/modules/mediawiki/index.php/Draft_Proposal_Team

Quest
Re: Okay, I'm Lost Again!
  • 2008/1/20 23:36

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Thanks for the info irmtfan, much appreciated. I'd love to help and try my best where and when I can. Hopefully in near future I can volunteer more and be a more productive member for the xoops.org. It is from you guys I have learned most of what ah knowz and that isn't very much but still thousands times more than I knew when I started.

Just glad to know I wasn't alone in what I was experiencing. And got a little deezy there for a few minutes. I really like many of the changes occuring and they are indeed happening quickly too. Hats off to those who are putting all they are into Xoops, your achievements help XOOPS to stay on top.

Quest

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits