ALOOoo
Re: Xoops 2.3 Wishlist
  • 2008/8/5 17:30

• ALOOoo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/9

Well.. I have had this wish since forever.. It has to do with the style of the CMS and its layout..

I wish the 2.3 or 3.0 ver would have some Ajax code built in it that would go with all themes and styles. Such code will help ("new users" and "non-coding experts") to move blocks from one said to another, change the structure of the whole style by drag and drop, even move blocks down and place one block on top, and change its diameters "width/length" ... Something like the one on facebook but with this extra diameter changes spices. Yet these changes will be permenant for all users after its done by the admin.

In the past 18 months Mowffaq and I have been trying to create something new with the block structure and placement on my e-Magazine, to get out of the usual dull/standard look of the right/middle/left blocks look that’s on every standard XOOPS site.. Which left us having a rat-lab web page at the end, full of complicated codes from the inside but looking kinda nice from the outside. And I tell we've been having problems add/removing modules/blocks ever since. Even tought it has so much issues but I kept it due to its unique look that has attrackted readers and gave the e-Mag a more formal/serious status.

This is an example of the way it looks right now:

http://www.SaudiGear.com/emag/

I wish it would be easy to click around and drag and drop to change the structure/diameter of the blocks within a theme rather writing/editing codes that will leave you with “xoopankenstein" web page (^_^)

I hope I made sense and I hope my wish would be doable as well.

Peace and Love to All

Login

Who's Online

253 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 253

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits