CyberGuin
System Module: Blocks not updating, no css, image manager not working
  • 2007/10/11 23:35

• CyberGuin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/16

Hi,

I've installed XOOPS 2.0.17 along with Protector and XOOPS Info. Everything was going fine but then I installed the xcgallery, did a couple of other things and now when I try to save in the blocks admin section I just get sent to the main index page of the system module, and the change to the block has not been made, ie made visible or not, changed weight, etc.

However, changes are saved if I click on the edit link for a particular block, make the change there and then save.

So not sure what's going on there, any help much appreciated.

At the same time it also seems that the CSS formatting has disappeared from the system error pages or 'changes made to database' pages ie, when I go to a module that doesn't have content yet I get a white page with:

"Sorry, there is no article to display.
Sorry, there is no article to display.
If the page does not automatically reload, please click here
All errors (0) queries (12) blocks (0) extra (0) timers (3)
Errors"

on it in black text. No standard XOOPS system module formatting.

I did try to make a second scrolling block for xcgallery which had links to the javascript for the standard xcgallery scrolling block. However, I deleted this as it didn't work... obviously, now that I think about it!! I've got a nasty feeling this is the culprit but don't know what it has done.

I've updated the system module several times to no effect. And no info is coming up on XOOPS Info.

Also, couldn't upload my backup (made by the Backup module) as it kept coming up with an error on the MySQL xoops_avatar table. Any ideas on that is would also be appreciated.

Another problems seems to be that I'm not full html in the XOOPS default block editor - when I try to insert an image from the image gallery, by clicking on the 'image' icon, nothing happens, but when I click the icons for left, right or justify the code goes in, not as html but rather Resized Image, which doesn't work when the block is live. Any ideas?

Can I reinstall XOOPS core and still safe all the modules, and set up? And would this solve the problem...?

Cheers,

Tracy

Any ideas?

Chappy
Re: System Module: Blocks not updating, no css, image manager not working
  • 2007/10/12 6:54

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

A couple of ideas:

First, I would consider uninstalling/removing xcgallery and then clearing the cache and templates_c directories (leave index.html in htem). Then, update the system module. Then, see if you still have your error.

Some themes, in my experience, don't play nicely with xcgallery.

In general, any time I make changes to blocks, etc. I clear the cache and templates_c directories - as noted above - before I leave the site because that's the best way to see if the changes are what you really wanted.

I hope this helps. I saw that you posted in the Beginner's Corner so I hope this doesn't sound too pedantic. Occasionally some snippy people feel like their being patronized. No intent here to do that.
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

Login

Who's Online

124 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 124

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits