vaughan
Re: Proposal for new forum structure on xoops.org: Comments invited.
  • 2007/8/26 19:26

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

actually catz, xoopsinfo.com is owned by XOOPS foundation and is not a personal site. so it does have to do with xoops.org ;) it was redesigned to be used for what is proposed. the whois info:

http://whois.domaintools.com/xoopsinfo.com

if it's the url that bothers things, it can easily be changed to forums.xoops.org or community.xoops.org on the same server ;)

BlueStocking

Quote Vaughan,
but the point is here and if I'm thinking what i think you're thinking that there should be more official English support sites, then that would be just silly.

No, I think there should be a place where those interested can leave their information and update it according to their present situations. Things change, and websites need to be able to reflect that change in the amount of time it takes an individual to update their own page.

I am thinking you want to limit participation in the XOOPS community. I am at odds with this approach because I believe it should be open for all to contribute according to their own skills. Mine happens to be in the area I am working, not theme building or module development or daily coordination of XOOPS business.

xoops.org is the glue that holds this together, and xoopsinfo hasn't shown the ability to draw interest away from it without the total shutdown of the xoops.org site.

I find it near impossible to work with xoopsinfo or xoopswiki because what I do does not fall within the criteria they cater to.

That is the why of xoops-end-user.com

BlueStocking
End User rep
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

vaughan
  • 2007/8/26 20:44

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

haven't we had this discussion about 10 times before?

we all think something different.. accept that!!

i do not want to limit participation. every1 is welcome at XI. except Damaster.

xoopsinfo hasn't tried to draw interest lol. it has interest already. and as for x.org closing, well that's gonna happen anyway or did you not read that part.

x.org as it is now is to be archived & made read only.

then a new site is to replace it, with a better structure.

you see, the community asked for this many months ago, even harrassed the devs for it to happen etc, and now when it is about to happen, you now are against it. it hasn't happened quite like it was going to happen (b4 you all drove rowdie & skalpa away because of well, arrogance and harrassment), but we have made what many people would actually call a compromise. (compromise is something that a few people here ought to look up in a dictionary).

it's time for action and not 6 months more debating!!

BlueStocking

Quote: BlueStocking...
I would like to provide a wiki for the end-user to tout his/her wares, advertise his site and be able to use as a general directory of services. Open to everybody, with an XOOPS interest; past, present or future.

Vaughan you said:
"and nothing is stopping you doing so. but what are you actually proposing? if it's to become an official support site, then that would make things worse by having 2. how confusing."

I am not offering to support from the standpoint of giving useful information regarding XOOPS troubleshooting, there are those much better qualified than I am for that purpose. This is what I understand xoopsinfo will be doing in the future because xoops.org will no longer be open for such questions.

I am setting up an enviroment that will be friendly to all XOOPS users (world wide, past, present and future) to add their personal websites and interests. This is not in conflict or determinal to xoopsinfo as an English support site, I wish it be looked upon as an additional resource site for xoopers.

BlueStocking
End User rep
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

giba
  • 2007/8/26 22:41

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Quote:

Forum Structure proposal draft:

Oky, my personal opnion bellow....

Quote:

* CATEGORY
+ FORUM
- SUB FORUM
@ DESCRIPTION

I understand here.

Quote:

* General
+ Lounge

No understand here.

Quote:

* Support
+ XOOPS installation
+ Core usage
+ Theme usage
+ Module installation and usage
+ Hacks modules.

added Hacks modules.

Quote:

+ Core hacks and improvement
+ Module review
+ Module hacks and improvements
+ Theme review
+ Interessant Tips and Tricks

Added Interessant Tips and Tricks, valid for all code, server, mysql, php, outhers cms files (joomla, e107, drupal, etc...)

Quote:

* Management
+ Management memo
+ XOOPS Council
+ Coordinator Team
+ Documentation Team
+ Design Team
+ Core Development Team (placeholder)
+ Support Local community (Big important)
+ Complaints
+ Suggestions

Added (Support Local community), admins, co-admins, member support countries indications for admins community sites of support. Participation in ideas and outhers subjects.
Users aporvated in sub-foruns support local can send message in your language preference, ex:
+Support Official.
++ French
++ Spanish
++ Germany
++ Japan
++ Portuguese
++ etc....
If sub-domain, this is the best.

Quote:

* Archive

Not understand. If privative forum spam, not respect, (baderna),user ban, etc... oky , this is correct.

Please, very important, this all new forum not use in home main site xoops.org
Home main in xoops.org is local for anounciaments, new versions, new modules, new themes, destack support community and not for reply questions and discuss. This is my opnion personal.

Please, english not my 1st language, if not understand, send-me message.

vaughan
  • 2007/8/26 22:49

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

@bluestocking.

well you have now made that clearer and more precise in what it is you want to achieve. on that note, i can now see what it is you are wanting to do.

without all the bickering etc, I have no arguments with that at all. In fact if you can make the wiki you have work, then by all means i will not be against it and in fact would support the idea.

well that's 1 confusing proposal dealt with :)

giba
  • 2007/8/26 23:06

• giba

• Just can't stay away

please vaughan and BS, return topic.

Proposal for new forum structure on xoops.org: Comments invited.

Peekay
  • 2007/8/26 23:23

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

+ Module Hacks
+ Module Hack Requests

Would be good to separate those. Annoying to see 'Winning Lottery Number Hack' as a post title... only to discover it's a request.

+ Developer Confirmed Bugs

I have seen this elsewhere and it works well. Got a problem, look here first to find a fix.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

giba
  • 2007/8/26 23:27

• giba

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

Peekay wrote:
+ Module Hacks
+ Module Hack Requests

Would be good to separate those. Annoying to see 'Winning Lottery Number Hack' as a post title... only to discover it's a request.

+ Developer Confirmed Bugs

I have seen this elsewhere and it works well. Got a problem, look here first to find a fix.

Exelent sugestions Peekay

giba
  • 2007/8/28 8:36

• giba

• Just can't stay away

More sugestions ?

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits