diesel12
Are we in the right place for our needs?
  • 2007/8/22 18:52

• diesel12

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/22

Hi! I’m ready the FAQ’s and doing searches on integration but still am not clear on a few things. We sell websites to Mortgage Brokers….. The site that we sell is around 50 to 60 pages and can be found here:http://www.ipagio.com/blue1/ We are looking for an easy to use CMS and it is important to be able to EASILY import all of our pages into whichever CMS we choose…. If we can add on modules that will support a blog function, the ability to add new webpages , as well as some sort of newsletter client or email distributor, we are in really good shape. It is also very important that the end user (our clients) will have a VERY user friendly interface… the learning curve has to be minimal…..Does anybody have some feedback on whether we’re in the right place with xoops? If not, where would you point us? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

wtravel
Re: Are we in the right place for our needs?

XOOPS can do this without much problem as well as several other CMS-es. It has a low learning curve and it is easy to build extra features upon XOOPS when needed. The only disadvantage is that the SEO friendly url's are not as nice as they can be. I am sure for mortgage websites this would be a pro . One of the strong points of XOOPS is that it has a very supportive community, in case you need help with your installation.

Drupal (www.drupal.org) is really nice for the basic functionality plus they have a good looking URL's. I never worked with Drupal though so I don't know how high the learning curve is. But be sure to check it out.

There is also Joomla, which has plenty of out of the box functionality. Customizations are not that easy though according to some XOOPS members who tried it.

There are a couple of others such as wordpress, which is by nature a blogging tool, but has been expanded to as much as a CMS .

Good luck on your search.

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits