jeffgr
The Xoops Challenge - Challenge #1
  • 2007/7/1 4:19

• jeffgr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

Hi everyone,

Who is up for a fun challenge?!? :)

I would like to introduce the XOOPS Challenge, a contest to design the best XOOPS site that you can, in a short time period. The purpose of this challenge is to demonstrate to the XOOPS community and to the public how versatile this CMS really is, and how it can be rapidly customized to meet the needs of almost any user. There will also be a small cash prize ($50.00 USD) awarded to the contest winner!

The XOOPS Challenge Rules:

- The contest will be held next Sunday evening, July 8th, from 6:00 - 10:00 PM EST. There will be only four (4) hours to complete the challenge.

Xoops Challenge Notes:

- Since this is the first XOOPS Challenge, it is very much a testing ground for the contest rules & expectations. These rules will very likely change somewhat as the contest evolves over time.

- At 6:00 PM EST, all XOOPS Challenge participants will be provided with a .zip file containing instructions and specific web site content (text, images and some basic instructions on what topic area to build the site around)for this particular XOOPS Challenge. The general challenge will be to build the "coolest" XOOPS site with this content in the specified time period of 4 hours. By "coolest", I mean the best marriage of site content, site functionality, and site usability possible. You are free to use any module or theme design that you see fit to make the best site possible around the content I provide you.

- At the contest finish, at 10:00 PM EST, all contest participants must provide their admin logins to me by PM. I will change the password they were using, which will ensure that they cannot continue to update their web sites after the contest closes.

- Web sites will be judged on design, functionality, and user-friendliness. A public poll will be created, where anyone can vote on their favorite web site created in tHis contest over a period of 24 hours (10:00 PM Monday). The results from this poll will be publicly available for all to see.

- An official contest web site for this XOOPS Challenge will be set up shortly. Here the entries into each XOOPS Challenge will be archived, and anyone can comment or critique on the submitted web site designs.

- All participants in the XOOPS Challenge are responsible for hosting their own web sites during the period of the challenge. Your entry site can be in a root domain, or it can be in a sub-folder somewhere... it doesn't matter.

-You can pre-install XOOPS before the contest begins (base install), but you must install and modify any modules that you want to include afterwards. While you may also use any code or css styles that you have created beforehand, please do not implement these changes until the contest begins. And remember, the point of the contest is to demonstrate what can be done with XOOPS in a short period of time, and not to simply plug in a pre-coded theme or template in order to impress people. Your web site does also not have to be completely finished at the end of the contest timeframe in order to be considered or to win the contest.

-All participants in any XOOPS Challenge must agree to provide any site files used in their content entry, so that others can learn from their code and techniques. All contest participants will agree to have their work available to download for other XOOPS users to study from and use under the GPL license. XOOPS Challenge winners must also agree to answer a series of written questions about how they created their XOOPS site in order to receive the winning payment.

- You can enter the XOOPS Challenge anytime up until 6:00 PM EST on the Saturday night before the challenge. It is my hope that a new XOOPS Challenge will be held each month, at the same time (every second weekend).

- The winner of the XOOPS Challenge, as determined by the maximum number of votes in the Challenge Poll, will be awarded $50.00 USD by PayPal (only). ***Financial rewards may increase in future Challenges.***

If you are interested in participating in this first XOOPS Challenge, please post in this thread. This thread is the only place that you can enter the first XOOPS Challenge.

If you have any suggestions on how to run / organise the XOOPS Challenge, please post them here as well, as I will be taking all ideas into consideration.

See you next Sunday night!

Cheers,

jeffgr

(I have made some edits to this post to reflect questions asked! Always refer to this post for the rules of Challenge 1 )

BroHam
Re: The Xoops Challenge - Challenge #1
  • 2007/7/1 4:46

• BroHam

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/31

Hey kick <{a$$}>!
Very cool. My skills and resources are not up to par for such a challenge, but it'll be nice to watch it in the audience.
Not signing up but wanted to put a couple thumbs up on the idea.
I don't know.

BlueStocking

Jeff, sounds interesting and like it could be fun.

Of course, I am not qualified but that should be only a small stumbling block.

I have a question about what is considered 'site' -
Currently, I have three subdirectorys

xoops01 << will be in XOOPS alpha testing mode. Previous commitment which I am looking forward to fullfiling.

xoops02 Already open for demo use.
xoops03 MediaWiki << where I am working on trying to break some of the language barrier, and learn how to use it and teach others.

Oh yea, and xoops04 Just a backup for 02/03

So the question is:
Can I use one of the subdirectory's, leaving the other ones intact. Of course, for this project the front door is fine, I don't have XOOPS in the root.

AND the best of all, Do I get to keep the design package you have provided.

You are going to provide the toolbox, with all the 'cool' goodies, all I have to do is put them together?

Thanks,
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Northern
  • 2007/7/1 5:03

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

Ill help in this, I dont have the time to build another XOOPS site theme and all, and not in 4 hours, but Ill support this challange....

My support....
( for the challange only )
*These accounts will be deleted when asked by challange director.

Ill make this double if needed.

30GB space
unlimited broadwidth.
FTP access
preloaded XOOPS 2.0.16
6 sub domains ( shared under one domain ) ( so play nice )

So if you are up to the challange......

script_fu

Very interesting...

I might enter myself lets see how this week unfolds.

BTW great idea!

BlueStocking
?!?من متروك لمتعة ا

jeffgrجيفغر
To our Arabic friends...

Hi everyone,هاي الجميع ،

Who is up for a fun challenge?!?من متروك لمتعة التحدي؟ ! ؟ :):)

I would like to introduce the XOOPS Challenge, a contest to design the best XOOPS site that you can, in a short time period.أود ان أعرض كووبس التحدي ، مسابقة لتصميم افضل موقع كووبس انكم يمكن ، في فترة زمنيه قصيرة. The purpose of this challenge is to demonstrate to the XOOPS community and to the public how versatile this CMS really is, and how it can be rapidly customized to meet the needs of almost any user.والهدف من هذا التحدي هو ان يظهر للمجتمع وكووبس للجمهور كيف مواهب المهاجره هذا هو حقا ، وكيف يمكن بسرعة حسب الطلب لتلبية احتياجات اي مستخدم تقريبا. There will also be a small cash prize ($50.00 USD) awarded to the contest winner!وستكون هناك ايضا جائزة نقديه صغيرة دولار (50.00 دولارا) تمنح للفائز في المسابقة!

The XOOPS Challenge Rules:ان التحدي كووبس النظام :

- The contest will be held next Sunday evening, July 8th, from 6:00 - 10:00 PM EST.- المسابقة ستقام مساء الأحد المقبل الثامن من تموز 00،6 - 10:00 مساء الفلسطينية. There will be only four (4) hours to complete the challenge.ولن يكون هناك سوى اربع (4) ساعات لاتمام هذا التحدي.

Xoops Challenge Notes:كووبس التحدي ملاحظات :

- Since this is the first XOOPS Challenge, it is very much a testing ground for the contest rules & expectations.- لان هذا هو اول كووبس التحدي ، فإنه كثيرا كحقل تجارب لقواعد المسابقة & التوقعات. These rules will very likely change somewhat as the contest evolves over time.هذه القواعد لن تغير بعض الشيء المرجح جدا فالمسابقة تتطور مع مرور الزمن.

- At 6:00 PM EST, all XOOPS Challenge participants will be provided with a .zip file containing instructions and specific web site content (text, images and some basic instructions on what topic area to build the site around)for this particular XOOPS Challenge.- في الساعة 00،6 الشرقي ، كووبس تحدى جميع المشاركين سوف يتم تزويده. الكود البريدي ملف يحتوي على تعليمات محددة وموقع مضمون (نص ، وصور بعض التعليمات الاساسية على ما هي الموضوع الرئيسي لبناء موقع حول (كووبس خاصة لهذا التحدي. The general challenge will be to build the "coolest" XOOPS site with this content in the specified time period of 4 hours.جمعية التحدي هو بناء "أبرد" كووبس الموقع مع هذا المضمون في الفترة الزمنية المحددة من 4 ساعات. By "coolest", I mean the best marriage of site content, site functionality, and site usability possible."أبرد" ، واعني بذلك افضل موقع زواج محتوى الموقع ، والموقع الوظيفي ، ويمكن استخدامها. You are free to use any module or theme design that you see fit to make the best site possible around the content I provide you.انتم احرار في استخدام أي وحدة أو موضوع التصميم الذي ترونه مناسبا لتحقيق افضل موقع ممكن حول مضمون اقدم لكم.

- At the contest finish, at 10:00 PM EST, all contest participants must provide their admin logins to me by PM.- في نهاية المسابقة ، في الساعة 10:00 استونيا وجميع المشاركين في المسابقة يجب عليهم ان يزودوا الادارة يتصل بي بعد الظهر. I will change the password they were using, which will ensure that they cannot continue to update their web sites after the contest closes.سأقوم بتغيير كلمة السر التي يستخدمونها ، والتي ستضمن انها لا تستطيع ان تواصل تحديث قوانينها المواقع المسابقة بعد اقفاله.

- Web sites will be judged on design, functionality, and user-friendliness.- مواقع سيحكم على تصميم والوظيفي ، وسهولة الاستعمال. A public poll will be created, where anyone can vote on their favorite web site created in tHis contest over a period of 24 hours (10:00 PM Monday).عموميه الاستطلاع ستثيرها ، حيث يمكن لأي شخص ان التصويت على موقع مفضل في هذه المسابقة التي انشئت خلال فترة 24 ساعة (10:00 مساء الاثنين). The results from this poll will be publicly available for all to see.نتائج هذا الاستطلاع ستكون متاحة للجمهور ليراها الجميع.

- An official contest web site for this XOOPS Challenge will be set up shortly.- اعلن مسؤول في مسابقة موقع لهذا التحدي كووبس سيقام قريبا. Here the entries into each XOOPS Challenge will be archived, and anyone can comment or critique on the submitted web site designs.هنا دخول كل كووبس سيكون التحدي المحفوظه ، ويمكن لاى شخص او التعليق على النقد المقدم تصميم الموقع.

- All participants in the XOOPS Challenge are responsible for hosting their own web sites during the period of the challenge.جميع المشاركين في كووبس التحدي هي المسءوله عن استضافة مواقعها على شبكة الانترنت خلال فترة الطعن. Your entry site can be in a root domain, or it can be in a sub-folder somewhere...الدخول الى بلدكم موقع يمكن في جذور المجال ، او ان يكون في ملف فرعي في مكان ما... it doesn't matter.لا يهم.

-You can pre-install XOOPS before the contest begins (base install), but you must install and modify any modules that you want to include afterwards.- يمكنك قبل تركيب كووبس قبل ان تبدأ المسابقة (تركيب قاعدة) ، ولكن يجب عليك تركيب وحدات تعديل اي تريدون ان تدرج بعد ذلك. While you may also use any code or css styles that you have created beforehand, please do not implement these changes until the contest begins.بينما يمكنكم ايضا استخدام اي قانون او اوزبكستان اساليب انكم قد خلقت قبل ذلك ، يرجى عدم تنفيذ هذه التغييرات حتى تبدأ المسابقة. And remember, the point of the contest is to demonstrate what can be done with XOOPS in a short period of time, and not to simply plug in a pre-coded theme or template in order to impress people.وتذكروا ان نقطة المسابقة هو اظهار ما يمكن عمله مع كووبس في فترة قصيرة من الزمن ، وليس لمجرد سد في الموضوع قبل مرمزه او نموذج لاقناع الناس. Your web site does also not have to be completely finished at the end of the contest timeframe in order to be considered or to win the contest.هل موقعك على الويب أيضا لا يجب أن انتهت تماما في نهاية المسابقة الزمني من اجل النظر او لكسب المسابقة.

-All participants in any XOOPS Challenge must agree to provide any site files used in their content entry, so that others can learn from their code and techniques.جميع المشاركين في اي كووبس التحدي يجب ان توافق على ان تقدم اي موقع الملفات المستخدمة في مضمونها الدخول ، حتى يتمكن الاخرون من يتعلم من المدونه والتقنيات. All contest participants will agree to have their work available to download for other XOOPS users to study from and use under the GPL license.جميع المشاركين في المسابقة على أعمالهم المتوافرة لاستنساخ اخرى كووبس المستخدمين من الدراسه واستخدامها بموجب ترخيص الرخصه. XOOPS Challenge winners must also agree to answer a series of written questions about how they created their XOOPS site in order to receive the winning payment.كووبس التحدي الفائزين يجب ايضا على الاجابه عن سلسلة من الاسءله المكتوبة حول الكيفيه التي اوجدت كووبس الانترنت من اجل الحصول على الفوز الدفع.

- You can enter the XOOPS Challenge anytime up until 6:00 PM EST on the Saturday night before the challenge.- يمكنك دخول كووبس التحدي في اي وقت حتى الساعة 00،6 القياسي الشرقي في مساء السبت امام التحدي. It is my hope that a new XOOPS Challenge will be held each month, at the same time (every second weekend).وأملي ان كووبس تحديا جديدا سيعقد كل شهر ، في الوقت نفسه (في كل ثانية من نهاية الاسبوع).

- The winner of the XOOPS Challenge, as determined by the maximum number of votes in the Challenge Poll, will be awarded $50.00 USD by PayPal (only).- الفائز في كووبس التحدي ، كما حدده اكبر عدد من الاصوات في الاستطلاع التحدي سيتم منح مبلغ 50.00 دولارا من بايبال (فقط). ***Financial rewards may increase in future Challenges.****** مكافآت مالية قد تزيد في المستقبل تحديات ***.

If you are interested in participating in this first XOOPS Challenge, please post in this thread.اذا كنتم مهتمون بالمشاركه في هذا كووبس التحدي الأول ، فيرجى بعد في هذا الخيط. This thread is the only place that you can enter the first XOOPS Challenge.هذا الخيط هو المكان الوحيد الذي يمكنك الدخول الاولى كووبس التحدي.

If you have any suggestions on how to run / organise the XOOPS Challenge, please post them here as well, as I will be taking all ideas into consideration.اذا كانت لديكم اي اقتراحات بشأن كيفية ادارة وتنظيم كووبس التحدي ، يرجى وضعها هنا كذلك ، فاننى سوف تأخذ بعين الاعتبار جميع الافكار.

See you next Sunday night!اراكم مساء الاحد المقبل!

Cheers,الهتافات ،

jeffgrجيفغر

(I have made some edits to this post to reflect questions asked! Always refer to this post for the rules of Challenge 1 )(لقد جعلت بعض عمليات التحرير لهذا المنصب يعكس الاسءله! تشير دائما الى هذا المنصب لقواعد التحدي 1)

BlueStocking

To our French friends

Bonjour chacun,

Qui est vers le haut pour un défi d'amusement ? ! ? :)

Je voudrais présenter le défi de Xoops, un concours pour concevoir le meilleur emplacement de XOOPS que vous pouvez, en peu de temps période. Le but de ce défi est de démontrer à la communauté de XOOPS et au public comment souple ce CMS est vraiment, et comment il peut être rapidement adapté aux besoins du client au rassemblement les besoins de presque n'importe quel utilisateur. Il y aura également un petit prix d'argent comptant ($50.00 USD) attribué au gagnant de concours !

Les règles de défi de XOOPS :

- Le concours sera jugé dimanche soirée prochaine, 8 juillet, de 6:00 - est de 10:00 P.M. Il y aura seulement quatre (4) heures pour accomplir le défi.

Notes de défi de XOOPS :

- Puisque c'est le premier défi de Xoops, c'est beaucoup un au sol d'essai pour les règles et les espérances de concours. Ces règles changeront très probablement légèrement comme le concours évolue avec le temps.

- à l'est de 6:00 P.M., tous les participants de défi de XOOPS seront équipés de dossier de .zip contenant les instructions et le contenu spécifique de site Web (texte, images et quelques instructions de base sur quel secteur de matière de construire l'emplacement autour) pour ce défi particulier de Xoops. Le défi général sera de construire l'emplacement de XOOPS « le plus frais » avec ce contenu dans la période de temps indiquée de 4 heures. Par « plus frais », je veux dire le meilleur mariage du contenu d'emplacement, de la fonctionnalité d'emplacement, et de la rentabilité d'emplacement possible. Vous êtes libre pour employer n'importe quel module ou conception de thème que vous voyez l'ajustement pour faire au meilleur emplacement possibles autour du contenu que je vous fournis.

- À la finition de concours, à l'est de 10:00 P.M., tous les participants de concours doivent me fournir leurs ouvertures d'admin par P.M. Je changerai le mot de passe qu'ils employaient, qui s'assureront qu'ils ne peuvent pas continuer à mettre à jour leurs sites Web après que le concours se ferme.

- Des sites Web seront jugés sur la conception, la fonctionnalité, et la facilité d'emploi. Un scrutin public sera créé, où n'importe qui peut voter sur leur site Web préféré créé dans ce concours pendant 24 heures (10 : 00 P.M. lundi). Les résultats de ce scrutin seront publiquement disponibles pour tous pour voir.

- Un site Web officiel de concours pour ce défi de XOOPS sera établi sous peu. Ici les entrées dans chaque défi de XOOPS seront archivées, et n'importe qui peut présenter ou critique ses observations sur les conceptions soumises de site Web.

- Tous les participants au défi de XOOPS sont responsables d'accueillir leurs propres sites Web pendant la période du défi. Votre emplacement d'entrée peut être dans un domaine de racine, ou il peut être dans une secondaire-chemise quelque part… qu'elle n'importe pas.

- Vous pouvez préinstaller XOOPS avant que le concours commence (la base installent), mais vous devez installer et modifier tous les modules que vous voulez inclure après. Tandis que vous pouvez également employer n'importe quel code ou modèles de CSS que vous avez créés à l'avance, svp ne pas mettre en application ces changements jusqu'à ce que le concours commence. Et se rappeler, le point du concours est de démontrer ce qui peut être fait avec XOOPS dans une période courte, et ne pas brancher simplement un thème ou un calibre précodé afin d'impressionner des personnes. Votre site Web ne doit également pas être complètement fini à la fin du calendrier de concours afin de pour être considéré ou gagner le concours.

- Tous les participants à n'importe quel défi de XOOPS doivent accepter de fournir tous les dossiers d'emplacement utilisés dans leur entrée contente, de sorte que d'autres puissent apprendre de leur code et techniques. Tous les participants de concours accepteront d'avoir leur travail disponible pour télécharger pour d'autres utilisateurs de XOOPS pour étudier de et usage sous le permis de GPL. Les gagnants de défi de XOOPS doivent également accepter de répondre à une série de questions écrites au sujet de la façon dont ils ont créé leur emplacement de XOOPS afin de recevoir le paiement de gain.

- Vous pouvez écrire le défi de XOOPS n'importe quand vers le haut jusqu'à l'est de 6:00 P.M. le samedi nuit avant le défi. C'est mon espoir qu'un nouveau défi de XOOPS sera tenu chaque mois, en même temps (chaque deuxième week-end).

- Le gagnant du défi de Xoops, comme déterminé par le nombre maximum des voix dans le scrutin de défi, sera attribué $50.00 USD par PayPal (seulement). Les récompenses financières de *** peuvent augmenter dans de futurs défis. ***

Si vous êtes intéressé à participer à ce premier défi de Xoops, signaler svp en ce fil. Ce fil est le seul endroit que vous pouvez écrire le premier défi de Xoops.

Si vous avez n'importe quelles suggestions sur la façon dont courir/organisez le défi de Xoops, svp les signaler ici aussi bien, car je prendrai en compte toutes les idées.

Vous voir dimanche nuit prochaine !

À la votre,

jeffgr

(J'en ai fait édite à ce poteau pour refléter des questions posées ! Se référer toujours à ce poteau pour les règles du défi 1)

BlueStocking

Hi todos,

Quem está acima para um desafio do divertimento?!? :)

Eu gostaria de introduzir o desafio de Xoops, uma competição para projetar o mais melhor local de XOOPS que você pode, em um período de tempo curto. A finalidade deste desafio é demonstrar à comunidade de XOOPS e ao público como versátil este CMS é realmente, e como pode ràpidamente customized à reunião as necessidades de quase todo o usuário. Haverá também um prêmio pequeno do dinheiro ($50.00 USD) concedido ao vencedor da competição!

As réguas do desafio de Xoops:

- A competição será prendida a noite seguinte de domingo, julho 8o, de 6:00 - 10:00 PM EST. Haverá somente quatro (4) horas para terminar o desafio.

Notas do desafio de Xoops:

- Desde que este é o primeiro desafio de Xoops, é muito muito uma terra testando para as réguas & as expectativas da competição. Estas réguas mudarão muito provavelmente um tanto como a competição evolui sobre o tempo.

- Em 6:00 PM EST, todos os participants do desafio de XOOPS serão fornecidos com uma lima de .zip que contem as instruções e o índice específico do Web site (texto, imagens e algumas instruções básicas em que área de tópico construir ao redor o local) para este desafio particular de Xoops. O desafio geral será construir o local “o mais fresco” de XOOPS com este índice no período de tempo especificado de 4 horas. Por “mais fresco”, eu significo a mais melhor união do índice do local, da funcionalidade do local, e da usabilidade do local possível. Você está livre usar todo o módulo ou projeto do tema que você vir o ajuste para fazer ao mais melhor local possíveis em torno do índice que eu o forneço.

- No revestimento da competição, em 10:00 PM EST, todos os participants da competição devem fornecer-me seus inícios de uma sessão do admin pelo PM. Eu mudarei a senha que se usavam, que se assegurarão de que não possam continuar a atualizar seus Web site depois que a competição se fecha.

- Os Web site serão julgados no projeto, na funcionalidade, e no user-friendliness. Uma votação pública será criada, onde qualquer um pode votar em seu Web site favorito criado nesta competição sobre um período de 24 horas (10: 00 PM segunda-feira). Os resultados desta votação estarão publicamente disponíveis para tudo para ver.

- Um Web site oficial da competição para este desafio de XOOPS será ajustado acima logo. Aqui as entradas em cada desafio de XOOPS archived, e qualquer um pode comentar ou crítica nos projetos submetidos do Web site.

- Todos os participants no desafio de XOOPS são responsáveis para hospedar seus próprios Web site durante o período do desafio. Seu local da entrada pode estar em um domínio da raiz, ou pode estar em um secundário-dobrador em algum lugar… que não importa.

- Você pode instalar XOOPS antes que a competição comece (a base instala), mas você deve instalar e modificar todos os módulos que você quiser incluir mais tarde. Quando você puder também usar todo o código ou estilos do css que você criar de antemão, por favor não executar estas mudanças até que a competição comece. E recordar, o ponto da competição é demonstrar o que pode ser feito com XOOPS em um período de tempo curto, e para não plug simplesmente dentro um tema ou um molde pre-coded a fim imprimir povos. Seu Web site também não tem que completamente ser terminado na extremidade do timeframe da competição a fim ser considerado ou ganhar a competição.

- Todos os participants em todo o desafio de XOOPS devem concordar fornecer quaisquer limas do local usadas em sua entrada satisfeita, de modo que outros possam aprender de seus código e técnicas. Todos os participants da competição concordarão ter seu trabalho disponível para download para outros usuários de XOOPS para estudar de e uso sob a licença do GPL. Os vencedores do desafio de XOOPS devem também concordar responder a uma série de perguntas escritas sobre como criaram seu local de XOOPS a fim receber o pagamento ganhando.

- Você pode incorporar o desafio de XOOPS em qualquer altura que acima até 6:00 PM EST na noite de sábado antes do desafio. É minha esperança que um desafio novo de XOOPS será prendido cada mês, ao mesmo tempo (cada segundo fim de semana).

- O vencedor do desafio de Xoops, como determinado pelo número máximo dos votos na votação do desafio, será concedido $50.00 USD por PayPal (somente). As recompensas financeiras do *** podem aumentar nos desafios futuros. ***

Se você estiver interessado em participar neste primeiro desafio de Xoops, afixar por favor nesta linha. Esta linha é o único lugar que você pode incorporar o primeiro desafio de Xoops.

Se você tiver quaisquer sugestões em como funcionar/organizar o desafio de Xoops, afixá-las por favor aqui também, porque eu estarei fazendo exame de todas as idéias na consideração.

Vê-lo noite seguinte de domingo!

Cheers,

jeffgr

(Eu fiz algum edito a este borne para refletir as perguntas feitas! Consultar sempre a este borne para as réguas do desafio 1)

BlueStocking

Hi everyone,人人喜,

Who is up for a fun challenge?!?谁是一个有趣的挑战?!? :):)

I would like to introduce the XOOPS Challenge, a contest to design the best XOOPS site that you can, in a short time period.我想介绍的页面挑战,比赛设计最佳的网站页面,你可以在很短的时期内完成. The purpose of this challenge is to demonstrate to the XOOPS community and to the public how versatile this CMS really is, and how it can be rapidly customized to meet the needs of almost any user.为了应对这一挑战,以证明该页面社会和公众如何多才多艺这一不育系真的,又如何能够迅速定制,以满足几乎所有用户. There will also be a small cash prize ($50.00 USD) awarded to the contest winner!也将有少量现金奖($50.00美元)颁发给比赛优胜者!

The XOOPS Challenge Rules:页面的挑战规则:

- The contest will be held next Sunday evening, July 8th, from 6:00 - 10:00 PM EST.-比赛将于明年星期日晚上,7月8日,从6:00至10:00时无害. There will be only four (4) hours to complete the challenge.将只有四(4)个小时内完成挑战.

Xoops Challenge Notes:页面挑战注释:

- Since this is the first XOOPS Challenge, it is very much a testing ground for the contest rules & expectations.-由于这是首次在页面挑战它是一项非常试验场的竞赛规则和期望. These rules will very likely change somewhat as the contest evolves over time.这些规则很可能会有所改变,因为比赛随时间.

- At 6:00 PM EST, all XOOPS Challenge participants will be provided with a .zip file containing instructions and specific web site content (text, images and some basic instructions on what topic area to build the site around)for this particular XOOPS Challenge.至下午6时结束的EST,所有页面挑战参加者将提供一个.Zip文件,指示和具体网站内容(文字,图片和一些基本的指示,就什么专题区建设工地周围)为这一特定页面的挑战. The general challenge will be to build the "coolest" XOOPS site with this content in the specified time period of 4 hours.一般挑战,将建立"酷"的网站页面与此内容,在指定时间内4个小时. By "coolest", I mean the best marriage of site content, site functionality, and site usability possible.由"酷",我的意思是最好的结婚网站内容,网站功能,网站可用性. You are free to use any module or theme design that you see fit to make the best site possible around the content I provide you.你可以随意使用任何模块或主题设计,你认为在作最好的地点可能围绕内容,我为你提供.

- At the contest finish, at 10:00 PM EST, all contest participants must provide their admin logins to me by PM.-在比赛结束前,在10:00分的EST,大赛所有参与者都必须提供登录当局给我的分. I will change the password they were using, which will ensure that they cannot continue to update their web sites after the contest closes.我会更改密码,他们正在使用,这将确保他们不能继续更新他们的网站后,比赛结束.

- Web sites will be judged on design, functionality, and user-friendliness.-网站,将取决于设计,使用功能,更方便用户使用. A public poll will be created, where anyone can vote on their favorite web site created in tHis contest over a period of 24 hours (10:00 PM Monday).民意测验将设立如果任何人都可以投票对自己喜爱的网站上创造了这次大赛为期24小时(10:00周一分). The results from this poll will be publicly available for all to see.结果,从本次调查将公开给大家看.

- An official contest web site for this XOOPS Challenge will be set up shortly.-大赛官方网站页面这一挑战将成立不久. Here the entries into each XOOPS Challenge will be archived, and anyone can comment or critique on the submitted web site designs.这里进入每个页面挑战将存档,而任何人都可以批评或批判提交的网站设计.

- All participants in the XOOPS Challenge are responsible for hosting their own web sites during the period of the challenge.所有参与者在页面的挑战是负责主办自己的网站期间的,挑战. Your entry site can be in a root domain, or it can be in a sub-folder somewhere...进入你的网站,可以在一个根域,它可以在子文件夹某处…… it doesn't matter.不要紧.

-You can pre-install XOOPS before the contest begins (base install), but you must install and modify any modules that you want to include afterwards.-你可以预先设置页面,然后比赛开始(基地安装)但你必须安装和修改任何单元,你想包括以后. While you may also use any code or css styles that you have created beforehand, please do not implement these changes until the contest begins.同时你也可以使用任何代码或CSS风格,你必须事先建立,请不要执行这些变化,直到比赛开始. And remember, the point of the contest is to demonstrate what can be done with XOOPS in a short period of time, and not to simply plug in a pre-coded theme or template in order to impress people.不要忘记,该站的比赛是为了证明什么,可以做页面,在短短的时间内,而不是简单地堵塞了预编码主题或模板,以使人民. Your web site does also not have to be completely finished at the end of the contest timeframe in order to be considered or to win the contest.你的网站也还没有全部结束,在最后的比赛时间为加以考虑,或赢得比赛.

-All participants in any XOOPS Challenge must agree to provide any site files used in their content entry, so that others can learn from their code and techniques.所有与会者在任何页面的挑战必须同意提供任何档案网站使用其内容入境使他人能够从他们的代码和技术. All contest participants will agree to have their work available to download for other XOOPS users to study from and use under the GPL license.大赛所有参与者都同意他们的工作提供下载其他页面用户学习和下使用GPL许可. XOOPS Challenge winners must also agree to answer a series of written questions about how they created their XOOPS site in order to receive the winning payment.页面优胜者挑战,也必须同意回答一系列书面询问,他们创造了自己的网站页面为了得到获奖金.

- You can enter the XOOPS Challenge anytime up until 6:00 PM EST on the Saturday night before the challenge.-你可以进入页面随时随地挑战,直至下午06时00东部时间于周六晚,然后挑战. It is my hope that a new XOOPS Challenge will be held each month, at the same time (every second weekend).这是我希望新的挑战页面将于每个月在同一时间(逢周末二).

- The winner of the XOOPS Challenge, as determined by the maximum number of votes in the Challenge Poll, will be awarded $50.00 USD by PayPal (only).-冠军的页面的挑战,这是由最高票数的挑战民调,将获颁$50.00美元发票(只). ***Financial rewards may increase in future Challenges.******金钱上的报酬却可能会增加未来的挑战***

If you are interested in participating in this first XOOPS Challenge, please post in this thread.如果您有兴趣参与这项首次挑战页面,请邮政在这一线. This thread is the only place that you can enter the first XOOPS Challenge.这是线程的唯一场所,你可以进入第一页面的挑战.

If you have any suggestions on how to run / organise the XOOPS Challenge, please post them here as well, as I will be taking all ideas into consideration.如果您有任何的建议,就如何跑/举办页面挑战请寄给这里好,我将采取一切想法考虑进去.

See you next Sunday night!看到你在下周七夜!

Cheers,干杯,

jeffgrjeffgr

(I have made some edits to this post to reflect questions asked! Always refer to this post for the rules of Challenge 1 )(我已经做了一些修改这个职位,以反映问!始终指这个职位规则挑战1)

BlueStocking

Hallo jeder,

Wer ist oben für eine Spaßherausforderung?!? :)

Ich möchte die XOOPS Herausforderung, einen Wettbewerb vorstellen, um den besten XOOPS Aufstellungsort, den du kannst, in einer kurzzeitigen Periode zu entwerfen. Der Zweck dieser Herausforderung ist, zur XOOPS Gemeinschaft und zur öffentlichkeit zu demonstrieren, wie vielseitig begabt dieser CMS wirklich ist und wie es zum Treffen schnell besonders angefertigt werden kann die Notwendigkeiten fast jedes möglichen Benutzers. Es gibt auch einen kleinen Bargeldpreis ($50.00 USD) zugesprochen dem Wettbewerbsieger!

Die XOOPS Herausforderung Richtlinien:

- Der Wettbewerb wird folgender Sonntag Abend, 8. Juli, von 6:00 - 10:00 P.M. EST gehalten. Es gibt nur vier (4) Stunden, zum der Herausforderung durchzuführen.

Xoops Herausforderung Anmerkungen:

- Da dieses die erste XOOPS Herausforderung ist, ist es sehr viel ein Prüfung Boden für die Wettbewerbrichtlinien u. -erwartungen. Diese Richtlinien ändern sehr wahrscheinlich ein wenig, wie der Wettbewerb über Zeit entwickelt.

- Bei 6:00 P.M. EST, werden alle XOOPS Herausforderung Teilnehmer mit einer .zip Akte versehen, die Anweisungen und spezifischen Web site Inhalt enthält (Text, Bilder und etwas grundlegende Anweisungen in welchem Themabereich, den Aufstellungsort herum zu errichten) für diese bestimmte XOOPS Herausforderung. Die allgemeine Herausforderung ist, den „kühlsten“ XOOPS Aufstellungsort mit diesem Inhalt im spezifizierten Zeitabschnitt von 4 Stunden zu errichten. Durch „kühlstes“, bedeute ich die beste Verbindung des Aufstellungsortinhalts, der Aufstellungsortfunktionalität, und der möglichen Aufstellungsortbrauchbarkeit. Du bist frei, jedes mögliches Modul oder Themadesign zu verwenden, die du Sitz siehst, um zu bilden den besten Aufstellungsort möglich um den Inhalt, den, ich dich zur Verfügung stelle.

- Am Wettbewerbende, bei 10:00 P.M. EST, müssen alle Wettbewerbteilnehmer ihre admin LOGON zu mir von P.M. zur Verfügung stellen. Ich ändere das Kennwort, das sie verwendeten, die sicherstellen, daß sie nicht fortfahren können, ihre Web site zu aktualisieren, nachdem der Wettbewerb schließt.

- Web site werden auf Design, Funktionalität und Benutzerfreundlichkeit beurteilt. Eine allgemeine Abstimmung wird verursacht, wo jedermann auf ihrer Lieblingsweb site wählen kann, die in diesem Wettbewerb über eine Zeitdauer von 24 Stunden verursacht wird (10: 00 P.M. Montag). Die Resultate von dieser Abstimmung sind öffentlich vorhanden für alle zu sehen.

- Eine amtliche Wettbewerbweb site für diese XOOPS Herausforderung wird kurz aufgestellt. Hier werden die Eintragungen in jede XOOPS Herausforderung archiviert, und jedermann kann oder Kritik die eingereichten Web site Designs kommentieren.

- Alle Teilnehmer an die XOOPS Herausforderung sind für die Bewirtung ihrer eigenen Web site während der Periode der Herausforderung verantwortlich. Dein Eintragung Aufstellungsort kann in einem Wurzelgebiet sein, oder er kann in einem Vor-heft, irgendwo sein…, das es nicht ausmacht.

- Du kannst pre-install Xoops, bevor der Wettbewerb (Unterseite bringen) an, anfängt, aber du mußt alle mögliche Module anbringen und ändern, die du danach mit einschließen möchtest. Während du jeden möglichen Code oder css Arten auch verwenden kannst, die du vorher verursacht hast, diese änderungen bitte nicht einführen, bis der Wettbewerb anfängt. Und sich erinnern, ist der Punkt des Wettbewerbs, zu demonstrieren, was mit XOOPS in einem kurzen Zeitabschnitt getan werden kann und ein vorkodiertes Thema oder eine Schablone nicht einfach anschließen, um Leute zu beeindrucken. Deine Web site auch muß nicht am Ende des Wettbewerb timeframe vollständig beendet werden zwecks betrachtet zu werden oder den Wettbewerb gewinnen.

- Alle Teilnehmer an jede mögliche XOOPS Herausforderung müssen damit einverstanden sein, irgendwelche Aufstellungsortakten zur Verfügung zu stellen, die in ihrer zufriedenen Eintragung benutzt werden, damit andere von ihrem Code und von Techniken erlernen können. Alle Wettbewerbteilnehmer sind damit einverstanden, ihre Arbeit zu haben, die, für andere XOOPS Benutzer, um von und Gebrauch zu downloaden unter der GPL Lizenz zu studieren vorhanden ist. XOOPS Herausforderung Sieger müssen auch damit einverstanden sein, zu beantworten eine Reihe schriftliche Fragen über, wie sie ihren XOOPS Aufstellungsort herstellten, um die gewinnende Zahlung zu empfangen.

- Du kannst die XOOPS Herausforderung bis 6:00 P.M. EST auf der Samstag Nacht vor der Herausforderung jederzeit oben eintragen. Es ist meine Hoffnung, die eine neue XOOPS Herausforderung jeden Monat gehalten wird, gleichzeitig (jedes zweite Wochenende).

- Dem Sieger der XOOPS Herausforderung, wie durch die Höchstzahl von Stimmen in der Herausforderung Abstimmung festgestellt, wird $50.00 USD von PayPal zugesprochen (nur). *** Finanzielle Belohnungen können der zukünftigen Herausforderungen sich erhöhen. ***

Wenn du interessiert bist, an, an dieser ersten XOOPS Herausforderung teilzunehmen, in diesem Gewinde bitte bekanntgeben. Dieses Gewinde ist der einzige Platz, daß du die erste XOOPS Herausforderung eintragen kannst.

Wenn du irgendwelche Vorschläge hast, auf, wie man/die XOOPS Herausforderung organisierst läuft, sie bitte hier außerdem bekanntgeben, da ich alle Ideen in Erwägung ziehen werde.

Dich folgende Sonntag Nacht sehen!

Beifall,

jeffgr

(Ich habe einiges redigiere zu diesem Pfosten, um die gestellten Fragen zu reflektieren gebildet! Auf diesen Pfosten für die Richtlinien von Herausforderung 1 immer sich beziehen)

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits