mboyden
Altsys - Admin Menu Display Missing - 0.53
  • 2007/6/26 21:24

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

I've been a fan of GIJoe's altsys module since when it was two different components. It's a must-have for Developers and Administrators (and likely needs to be incorporated into XOOPS along with the WYSIWYG editor capabilities).

However, when I installed the latest version - 0.53 - upgrading from 0.41 (and I've confirmed on new installs, too), that the header menu in the administration screens weren't displaying or showing (were missing).

I wanted to make sure this info was available here for those like me who ran into this problem. I had posted this forum posting on GIJoe's site.

I'm using XOOPS 2.0.16, MySQL 4.1, PHP 5.2.1, AltSys 0.53, Protector 3.04, Profile 1.0 (modified) and many other modules. I also always use a non-default template set.

The problem is with the templates system and GIJoe indicates it's a bug in XOOPS introduced in 2.0.14 timeframe. Even after removing the templates from templates cache (templates_c) and the cache, it still wasn't working. So, you have to use the pop-up menu over the icon to go to Templates. Then you add &dirname=altsys to the URL and you can then copy the newly added templates to your template set which, after clearing the templates cache, you will finally get to see the header menu again.

I must admit that I'd been seeing some interesting template issues related to using non-default template sets recently. 2.0.14 is when the theme can overwrite the templates folders, and apparently this cropped up.

Good luck!
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Login

Who's Online

407 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 407

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits