Re: [XoopsProject] Updates on June 16th
  • 2007/6/18 15:57

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Quote:

Yet another democratic process ....

Dear All,

We all understand that this is not the proper way, but in what other way it could be done right now?
Why we do not give those volunteers the time they need to re-organize the project and keep it alive?
Afterwards (let's say in 6-12 months), we can ask for a more democratic, meritocratic or whatever other/proper process.

BTW, I do not see something like an “International Official Support Sites Team”. We should not forget that these people represent some other thousand of people...

Regards
George

giba
  • 2007/6/27 9:45

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

George, wise words, I share 100% of the same idea.

web-M
  • 2007/6/27 15:21

• web-M

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/2 2

+1 for George hies idea!!

davidl2
  • 2007/7/12 10:14

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Quote:

instantzero wrote:
Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
There are new boardmembers of the Foundation to be processed (marcan, davidl2 and phppp)

Yet another democratic process ....

Thank you Herve - or is it Marco....? (Edit - I said Marcan instead of Marco )

I will not join the Foundation board if it causes you so much offence.

I will be continuing to contribute to XOOPS on the OFFICIAL English Language Community Support site - of XOOPS Info (permission as stated by the Previous Project Manager of XOOPS - and members of the XOOPS Foundation Board) - and through my assistance at XOOPSAddons, XOOPSWiki, XOOPSDemo - and XOOPSMODDEV (if Atkinson needs me )

However apart from news releases - this will probably be my last post here.

PPS: I'd like to echo the disgust that several former News and Moderator team members have for not even being given any PROPER notification - or even thanks - for their hard work in trying to keep this site in order - before their access was removed without even any proper notification at all!

Come on - this really sucks!

I do appreciate a lot of what you've been doing Phppp - and most of it I agree with... but frankly - your communication skills between some people are only slightly better then Skalpa's!

Please - FFS - will you improve this area? It's one of the main things thats upsetting many people who have been spending time on looking after this project... and its the reason why so many are really pi##ed off - or have left the project

If you can fix this - and not by appointing any single perso n ... example - someone who's spent more time quitting and joining XOOPS then James and myself put together ... (No names mentioned!) then perhaps we can move all together.

It's your only fault - overwise you've done great so far!

---------

Edit 13/7/07

I'd like to apologise for my tone DJ - I hold to the meaning of the above - but the language was rather upset when I posted, and to be honest - ruder then I wanted to be.

Please improve the communication everyone - its the only thing thats letting us all down.

BlueStocking

Quote:

Come on - this really sucks!

I do appreciate a lot of what you've been doing Phppp - and most of it I agree with... but frankly - your communication skills between some people are only slightly better then Skalpa's!

Please - FFS - will you improve this area? It's one of the main things thats upsetting many people who have been spending time on looking after this project... and its the reason why so many are really pi##ed off - or have left the project

If you can fix this - and not by appointing any single perso n ... example - someone who's spent more time quitting and joining XOOPS then James and myself put together ... (No names mentioned!) then perhaps we can move all together.

It's your only fault - overwise you've done great so far!

Let's agree communication skills may even be worse than Skalpa's, but lets try to get past this "one" fault, and continue "moving forward" as project and community, at least on speaking terms.

I'll give it my best if you will yours.

Darcy - Community Coordinator.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

BlueStocking

Double post deleted by me
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Login

Who's Online

122 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 122

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits