fadius
User Login Question
  • 2007/6/11 16:40

• fadius

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/6 4

Myself and every other user on my site is rewuired to log in every time they visit the site. Is there a way to allow users to remain logged in?

I have cookies set up and everything, but it will not remember my users so they need to re-login everytime they visit.

BlueStocking
Re: User Login Question

My first experience here was when the site owner of up-link.net was asking how to make a sticky cookies. Brings back fond memories.

I don't know what they told her but someone will come along and give you the right information.

Meanwhile, I'll google the site and see if I can come up with anything.

BlueStocking
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

mboyden
  • 2007/6/11 17:09

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

This depends upon a number of things including your server settings, php settings and XOOPS settings.

In general, there are two ways to deal with sessions. First is in PHP (I forget what version this started in). There is a set of variables that deals with sessions and you can make changes to that if available.

However, the easier way to deal with this, assuming you have PHP 4.2.0 or later (and I'd guess that everyone is by now), then just go into System Administration | Preferences | General Settings, and about halfway down the page, there are three settings on sessions, the first being Use Custom Sessions (turn this on), the second being the name (whatever you want), and the third is how long the session will be valid (between idle times) in minutes. This is probably what you are looking for.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

BlueStocking

Go to TOOLS, select internet options, properties, then navigate to the image below instruction. Varify your browser is setup to accept cookies.

My tools was on the >> next to the File -

Good luck...

Resized Image
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

riosoft
  • 2007/6/11 17:33

• riosoft

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/8

Look at this

autologin by Gijoe

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits