chippyash
[XoopsTeam] - akitson - Module Development
  • 2007/6/11 12:25

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

I'd be interested in the Team Leader role for Module Development.

What have I done?

I run the Xoobs.net site where I develop the XBS range of XOOPS mods like Modgen, MetaTags, CDM and Simple Accounts. I am also a moderator at xoops.org.

What do I bring to the table?

Although I now work as a carpenter having decided on a career change some five years ago, I used to work in mainstream IT and was a programmer, project manager and finally the European IT Director for an American bank. So basically a wealth of IT experience pertinent to the
role.

My vision

1/ to make dev.xoops.org the one stop shop to pick up modules and their updates - I think the module library should reside there.

2/ make module development easier by working hard with the documentation team to produce clear docs guiding new mod devs on the road to creating their first module.

3/ create clear development guidelines and rules.

4/ start measuring module usage. I'd like to see all modules being installed, updated and uninstalled registering their presence at dev.xoops.org so that we can track who is using what. This information can form the basis for paid for affiliation programs. We can also use this info to warn users of security holes and updates to their modules.

5 create an Assured Developer program. Will enable a module to be 'xoops accredited' by going through a QA process prior to release that ensures it conforms to development guidelines etc and behaves in a conformant fashion. This program will also help pay for dev.xoops.org

I hope this is of interest

riosoft
Re: [XoopsTeam] - akitson - Module Development
  • 2007/6/11 15:11

• riosoft

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/8

+1

giba
  • 2007/6/12 15:05

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Quote:

by riosoft on 2007/6/11 13:11:27

+1

Yes, equal RioSoft

debianus
  • 2007/6/12 16:02

• debianus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/12/17

Excelent vision; any xooper want this program as fact. Specially like me (I am not a encoder; only a single user)

Quote:

My vision
1/ to make dev.xoops.org the one stop shop to pick up modules and their updates - I think the module library should reside there.

5 create an Assured Developer program. Will enable a module to be 'xoops accredited' by going through a QA process prior to release that ensures it conforms to development guidelines etc and behaves in a conformant fashion. This program will also help pay for dev.xoops.org

Now it is very difficult find a module. Where is?; in "Module repository"?; in the author`s page?. And the translations?; Perhaps in local support web?. Too much disorder; it is very difficult for the new users if they want try xoops.

At the 5: Now the situation is: Is this module adequate por this XOOPS version?. Where I can find the information about this question?.
If my vote have any value (I am a new member) is for you.

web-M
  • 2007/6/12 19:27

• web-M

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/2 2

Nice vision!

+1

draj
  • 2007/6/13 7:24

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hi Atkison!

Hello Akitson!
Quote:

akitson wrote:
Yep, I've applied for Mod Dev leadership role.
...are deeply interested/involved but need to be doing other things.

If there is an interest to develop and maintain a module site, I would be intrested and willing to work with you.

I offer:

- Maintaining an address database of module developers
- Mailing lists for module development co-ordintion
- A vigorous testing of modules
- Contacting module developers and co-ordinating tasks, etc.
- Maintaing news in this regards, if necessary
- Maintaining a mailing list of XOOPS users who wants to receive newsletters of module updates within a centralised system...
- Any other administrative work which is necessary and required.

I would be interested to work with you for the above mentioned work...

What do you think?

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits