Anonymous
[XoopsTeam] - JAVesey - Community Coordination
  • 2007/6/8 17:14

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hello,

I'm John V from Cardiff in the UK.

I'd like to "do something" to help but my developing/coding skills are zero and by design skills are pathetic

I think that "Community Coordination" is the only area where I can help. But what does it mean?

I'd like to apply for the position of "General Dogsbody and Tea-Boy", i.e. just to help out areound here and keep things running smoothly.

Although new to XOOPS (9 months only) I've been running and maintaining websites for a number of years, including admin/moderating phpbb forums (my own and others).

I'm 43 years old, married with 2 kids and work in local govt. I'm a chemist by profession currently working in environmental protection. Nothing to do with websites/xoops but it gives a hint as to the kind of guy I am, i.e. old and boring.

Gimme something to do

Anonymous
Re: [XoopsTeam] - JAVesey - Community Coordination
  • 2007/6/8 18:53

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
davidl2 wrote:

.. so thank you for offering to Bleed

I offered to help around here, not play for the xoops.org rugby team

Seriously, if you guys in the know can think of omething that I might be able to do to help then I'll listen to the suggestions...... I'm here for the long haul so might as well pitch in

sailjapan

Hi. I'm Crip (aka sailjapan). Another relative XOOPS newbie, with about 3 years of running a single XOOPS based site. I'm not a programmer nor a web designer, but I've managed to tweak my site to how I want it and think that if I can do it, just about anyone else could too.

I'd like to offer some of my free time to XOOPS. I would be honoured to be considered for the role of co-Tea-Boy with John V in the Community Co-ordination department

Professional experience mainly in education, with a few years of liaising between the Japanese and English speaking sides of a small IT company. I also sail.
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

kc0maz
  • 2007/6/9 4:23

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Greeting all;

I am Mike C , from Hartford, South Dakota, in the U.S.

I have maintained several web sites before, and a XOOPS based site for just over three years. I really shouldn't say that, I am constantly upgrading, adding, modifying, tweaking this or changing that. It seems as the web site is never really done.

I am offering some of my free time to XOOPS project to make it even better. I believe the best place that I can help is the “Community Coordination” I have been using XOOPS for several years for several sites, it's high time I gave something back.

My coding skills are extremely limited. I can get the site to do what it needs to do, by following the instructions and trail and learn (error)

I am a consumer computer technician with an emphasis on communications by trade, I just received my AA degree in Business Administration.

I'm forty something, happily married with 2 children. Normally, I volunteer with the disaster services, and when there isn't a disaster to deal with, I like to make wine.

I don't need to be a team leader, just let me know what you need help with, then let's get it done.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

Login

Who's Online

126 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 126

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits