trspice
Cloning Debaser 0.92
  • 2007/3/27 5:42

• trspice

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/24

I needed a clone of debaser to handle a different area of my site so I tried to clone it. I changed all occurences of debaser to debaser2 and when uploaded to the modules directory it causes an error in the admin. It is not listed in the uninstalled modules and all modules below it are not displayed either.

Can anyone give a suggestion on cloning this module or point me to a source which has a cloned debaser?
There's nothing but science....
The Reggae Album

BlueStocking
Re: Cloning Debaser 0.92

GOOGLE SEARCH of this site for cloned debaser << link

You may find something in here.

Good luck
BS
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

trspice
  • 2007/3/27 16:14

• trspice

• Not too shy to talk

That search returned nothing logical.
The Reggae Album

Bender
  • 2007/3/27 18:17

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

You did the change by search & replace inside all files and also in all filenames?
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

trspice
  • 2007/4/4 23:24

• trspice

• Not too shy to talk

Yes I changed all the filenames also
The Reggae Album

trspice
  • 2007/4/6 16:32

• trspice

• Not too shy to talk

I think I need to know what the XOOPS system looks for in a module to make it display in the modules list and secondly how XOOPS installs it. Does anyone know this?
The Reggae Album

trspice
  • 2007/4/13 23:10

• trspice

• Not too shy to talk

Can someone tell me what the XOOPS module system looks for in an uninstalled module to make it display in the uninstalled module list?

I changed all occurences of debaser to debaser2 and when it is uploaded it won't display in the list of uninstalled modules nor does the other modules that follow in alphabetical oreder. When I remove the folder from the modules folder the other modules show.
The Reggae Album

Quest
  • 2007/4/14 12:43

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I can't tell you what exactly it looks for but I have successfully cloned/renamed it a couple of times. So you must be missing something, something not changed or changed which shouldn't have been changed. I know this because if I can clone/rename a module like debaser then you can too.

Quest

Quest
  • 2007/4/14 13:22

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I have taken a quick look at one of my renamed debaser modules. As I can see and remember the only thing requiring renaming is the directory path in all files. Not file names and not sql either but since you are using duplicate you will no doubt need to change the sql table names and prefixes too both in the .php and .html files and in the mysql.sql:

1. Rename a new complete debaser module to the name you want.

2. Now edit all .php and html files for directory path changes. Example: XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/modules/debaser/include/functions.php'to XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/modules/debaser2/include/functions.php'
And don't forget to look inside every file.

Edited: I forgot!

Quote:
Not only do you have to ensure the directory path as mentioned in #2 above is changed you must also change any instance of getByDirname('debaser'); to getByDirname('debaser2');

3. Next you will want to make changes for your SQL. (You shouldn't need to change the name of the file like debaser_index.html.
That can remain the same because you have changed the directory name and paths for this cloned module. Therefore XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/modules/debaser/include/functions.php and
XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/modules/debaser2/include/functions.php are indeed called as different).

3a. What you want to do is change the table names and a table prefixes to debaser2. So now you need to go through all the .php and html and this time the mysql.sql file too and make the necessary changes. Example:

In any .php .html file that has something like -".$xoopsDB->prefix('debaser_genre')." Will now have to be changed to ".$xoopsDB->prefix('debaser2_genre')."

3b. Now you have to address the mysql.sql file. Change any instance of table name and prefix from debaser to debaser2.

4. Upload your cloned debaser to your site and install per normal module instructions.

I hope I didn't miss anything or give you any wrong info. But at least it may help.

Quest

trspice
  • 2007/4/14 19:55

• trspice

• Not too shy to talk

I did all that and the same thing happens. Apparently somewhere it still wants to find functions.php in the debaser folder.

When I change the path of functions.php
include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/modules/media2/include/functions.php';

in xoops_version.php back to the original debaser folder, the new clone shows in the list and installs ok but won't display the pages. IT really doesn't make logical sense especially when I've changed every possible instance of debaser DEBASER Debaser and the file names.

If you have a working clone I'll take that instead.
The Reggae Album

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits