iHackCode
GMAIL.. Invites no longer needed...

Quote:

Source: Computerworld.com

Now you, too, can have a Gmail address
February 14, 2007 (IDG News Service) -- Google Inc. has dropped the invitation-only restriction for its Gmail e-mail service, one of the linchpin applications complementing its popular search engine.

Google launched Gmail in April 2004, and the company has been steadily integrating new features, but the service is still labeled a beta release. It includes Google Talk, an instant messaging program, and a calendar, plus other features such as spam filtering.

Previously, Gmail users had to pass along invitations to others so they could register for the service.

The company has positioned Gmail as a gateway to other online offerings by displaying links to its Picasa photo-sharing service and Docs and Spreadsheets, a word processing and spreadsheet application.

Google has concentrated on building its infrastructure for its service-based offerings. As of today, Gmail offered users about 2.8GB of storage space for e-mail, one of the more generous limits for free services.

.. mmm Gmail.. so tempting, but i already have a couple of email addresses.

http://www.Gmail.com
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

JMorris
Re: GMAIL.. Invites no longer needed...
  • 2007/2/15 15:39

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Just wanted to chime in and say that I've been using their Gmail service ever since it was first introduced and it is very reliable. I especially like that their POP3/SMTP servers require strong encryption. Their sp@m filtering is very effective as well.

I also use another service of thiers to use Google's mail servers with my own domain name (i.e.: @pkbcs.com). This relatively new service, Google Apps for Your Domain is free and is showing a lot of promise as well.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

396 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 396

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits