tedsmith
2.0.16 - How to use the new block structure?
  • 2007/1/26 10:04

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Hi

Sorry for been a dumbo, but having upgraded from 2.0.13.2 to 2.0.16 I thought I'd take advantage of the new block structure. Having selected which blocks I wanted moving around, I notice that the 'center left' and 'center right' top and bottom are still being listed below my 'central' blocks.

I recall Herve telling me in a thread somewhere that you had to adjust the theme.html file in some way for the new flexible block strucutre to work? Can anyone refresh my memory and tell me what it is I need to change? I have read all the release notes, README's, and done a search, but alas I cannot find it.

Cheers

Ted

DarinAllan
Re: 2.0.16 - How to use the new block structure?

It looks like you are doing a refit of your site so to speak, have you had a look at the latest themes that have been created, they all have the feature built in. If you have exstensively modded the theme you have now, I understand if you just want to add the code for the blocks though.

What theme are you using because some of the older themes have been redone, it may be worth a search.

Just thought it may be easier to get a theme that's already done. New features new look and all that .;o)

davidl2
  • 2007/1/26 12:23

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I can't find the required post at the moment - but Snow did post a guide on updating old themes for the new standard

tedsmith
  • 2007/1/26 13:04

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I am starting to worry about your physchic abilities Dave! First you are able to recall degrees of customisation conducted on a site from ages ago, and then you realise that I'm doing a complete overall with nothing more than a mention of a system upgrade and some blocks movement!....or have you read the 'site closed' message

Yes, you are correct - I am doing an overhaul. Applyinmg upgrades to core, modules, and installing a few new one's (except it seems some need PHP5 which we do not run on our server).

I am using an old theme called 'doggie' - stop sniggering! To my knowledge, it has not been updated. But I will have a look.

I would like to use a new theme, but Lost-Doggies has become quite well known with it's 'family fun' styled dog theme. Would be a shame to change it. A corporate theme would not suit it's intended purpose.

Cheers

Ted

DarinAllan

Quite understandable, I am just lazy lol ;o)

davidl2
  • 2007/1/26 13:34

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits