wdalen
can't upload pictures in te picture manager
  • 2006/12/13 9:28

• wdalen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/26

I use XOOPS 2.0.16, the beatiful new one. But i can't upload pictures in te picture manager from the system module. I am getting the message: Errors Returned While Uploading
Invalid image file
The upload file, in the root, is open.
Please help, thanx

limecity
Re: cant upload pictures in te picture manager
  • 2006/12/13 9:43

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

- check folder permission to see if its writable.
- delete the folder and re-create the folder and chmod

test using different file names
*.jpg , *.JPG

- check file size.
- test different file size.
- check admin config
http://www.mounthiking.com
all your hiking gears and gadgets

wdalen
  • 2006/12/13 21:11

• wdalen

• Just popping in

all options tested, no results. also installed an englisch version: no results, same errors.

jensclas

wdalen
  • 2006/12/15 15:39

• wdalen

• Just popping in

Quote:

jensclas wrote:
this FAQ might help

I did. No documents.
More info:

Website URL:
http://192.168.1.100/testsite

XOOPS Version:
XOOPS 2.0.16

XOOPS Theme:

XOOPS Template Set:

PHP Version:

MySQL Version:

Server Software:
Apache

User's Browser:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; Media Center PC 3.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.2)

No debug information.
The error message:
Errors Returned While Uploading
Invalid image file

Do you need more information?
I hope you can help me.
Greetings, Wiljo

jensclas

Ok - lets ask this question first - you have created at least one category for your images? Without it nothing will happen.

Second you need to look for the right file to check your allowed file types - look for class/uploader.php (I hope I have the right one) - perhaps you can paste it here so someone can check it.

I am assuming you are trying to use image manager itself from your site admin to upload the image. It should have a line that goes something like

Quote:
$allowed_mimetypes = array('image/gif', 'image/jpeg', 'image/pjpeg', 'image/x-png');

Thats why we often ask id the file you are trying to upload is jpeg, jpg or JPEG - as the variations are perhaps not in the file like in the example above. Unfortunately there is still nothing in the site preferences to set this up you have to modify the file. (You do need to make sure file sizes are set up in your site admin preferences though)

HTH

wdalen
  • 2006/12/16 15:51

• wdalen

• Just popping in

Quote:

jensclas wrote:
Ok - lets ask this question first - you have created at least one category for your images? Without it nothing will happen.

Wiljo: Yes i did with a short name: siteafb

Second you need to look for the right file to check your allowed file types - look for class/uploader.php (I hope I have the right one) - perhaps you can paste it here so someone can check it.

Wiljo:
include_once 'uploader.php';
* $allowed_mimetypes = array('image/gif', 'image/jpeg', 'image/pjpeg', 'image/x-png');
* $maxfilesize = 50000;

line 120:
var $extensionsToBeSanitized = array( 'php' , 'phtml' , 'phtm' , 'php3' , 'php4' , 'cgi' , 'pl' , 'asp', 'php5' );
// extensions needed image check (anti-IE Content-Type XSS)
var $imageExtensions = array( 1 => 'gif', 2 => 'jpg', 3 => 'png', 4 => 'swf', 5 => 'psd', 6 => 'bmp', 7 => 'tif', 8 => 'tif', 9 => 'jpc', 10 => 'jp2', 11 => 'jpx', 12 => 'jb2', 13 => 'swc', 14 => 'iff', 15 => 'wbmp', 16 => 'xbm' );

I am assuming you are trying to use image manager itself from your site admin to upload the image. It should have a line that goes something like

Quote:
$allowed_mimetypes = array('image/gif', 'image/jpeg', 'image/pjpeg', 'image/x-png');

Thats why we often ask id the file you are trying to upload is jpeg, jpg or JPEG - as the variations are perhaps not in the file like in the example above. Unfortunately there is still nothing in the site preferences to set this up you have to modify the file. (You do need to make sure file sizes are set up in your site admin preferences though)

Wiljo:
I was trying it with jpg gif GIF JPG png PNG and so on. My gif picture was 113x40 and the settings: 800x600
Nothing works

Can I change the path to upload the files to?
Note: somthing has changed after version 2.0.13. This version is oke,
2.0.14, 2.0.15, 2.0.16:the same errors

(sorry for my bad English)
HTH

jensclas

Hi Wiljo - well you have been nice and thorough in your response - we have cjecked everything i can think of...It is over to the coders - as i catch a few about i will alert them to the post.

wdalen
  • 2006/12/17 9:54

• wdalen

• Just popping in

Quote:

jensclas wrote:
Hi Wiljo - well you have been nice and thorough in your response - we have cjecked everything i can think of...It is over to the coders - as i catch a few about i will alert them to the post.

Thank you for your support. Now I am using version 2.0.13. This version is working good.
If you find an solution, please sent it.
Thanks and greetings,
Wiljo

irmtfan
  • 2006/12/17 10:30

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

also some more informations about your server can help to solve your problem

safe mode?
register globals?
Gd library?

Login

Who's Online

248 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 248

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits