wizanda
Poti-Board English Translation in Xoops
  • 2006/11/16 12:55

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Ok just finished a first copy of Poti-Board from Japanese to English, this is iframed into XOOPS for ease and simplicity of use....as in not needing to change much of CSS..yet this can be...only things are we are using

1) Shi-Painter = Non-commercial use...
2) PaintBBS again think this is the same...
3) Dynamic Palette we have also translated or made up our own instructions...
4) Poti-board also...

Now here is the problem normally i just ask developers, can i release this in XOOPS and get a yes.....well I don't speak a word of Japanese, Chinese and the rest so if anyone could ask some of the authors...then will release our copy for all...

Then we can all go Oekaki (doodling) mad as I have done.....

The reason we swapped from the Wakaba system was CGI...so now Poti-Board is PHP and runs very fast...

So really this is question also do I release this, all I edited was theme...and tidying code?

jensclas
Re: Poti-Board English Translation in Xoops

I have installed this and there are still a few things to be ironed out and I (and wizanda no doubt) would love some help to make this more XOOPS than it currently is.

1. there are return screens in japanese which we can;t read - they come up ????

2. The system sits within my XOOPS but does not use XOOPS permission system - my biggest concern. It make no difference logged in or not.

3. If I am logged in and start a painting , finish etc then press 'home' it takes me back to my website unlogged.

4. The poti board can be accessed outside the XOOPS framework

5. There are some setup features that need fixing i think.

6. It is not in the admin/modules left hand menu so it can't be managed from there.

7. It is not in blocks - but can set anon access to it via groups.

So...where should Wizanda go from here? Anyone care to look? or help out with what needs to or can be done?

http://www.jensclassroom.com/modules/painter/

(Please remember i am no coder! )

wizanda
  • 2006/11/29 20:27

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Thxz improved the read me slightly helps with install now...

From some of them bits we did yesterday may help in finding some translations for some....
Main problem is relating Japanese doc's to English...most are done...yet a list like the ones for errors, is hard to understand....

Ok so admin...me will sort, yet you are right in lets make it Xoops.... best way I found so far is....

In pukiwiki it is a plug-in that allows an attachment to be a painting done....thing is pukiwiki isn't fully English yet either....also a bit over kill on what could be done...

Xoops has an over extensive image manger system...now if we could add shi-painter to be an upload, as all a painting needs is an ID and the backend doing which is explained in English and there are quite few partial php systems to work from....

Yet then images could be uploaded/painted in any article or task and used across the site...making a truly portable web-design system as shi-painter is as good as GIMP in the functionality of how you can paint within it...and renders better then adobeā€¦online

So anyways we will continue work, yet all help is appreciated as any of you who know me will know; as I can't shut up about oekaki = doodling and shi-painter...apologize to any we have given a headache to so far....the rest of you to go

wizanda
  • 2006/11/29 22:05

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Done new download done, with ruff English of all them errors....make that very ruff yet understandable....template.ini.php just needs a bit more refining as far as English goes....

Also added XOOPS admin and removed it from being visable on the board it self....

To upgrade it; will explain... in mo need relax a little...

Zan Zoops files ect

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits