mobiledevlab
CBB 3.07 and XOOPS 2.0.15 - cannot add new categories/forums

I'm having trouble getting the CBB module to work with XOOPS 2.0.15

I installed everything successfully, but when I try to add a new category, all I get is a blank screen - so I cant add or edit the categories or forums.

I've turned on debugging, but there are no errors.
When I open the 'Error Console' in firefox (to view any javascript errors) I see about a dozed javascript warnings, but I dont think there is anything there that would prevent me adding categories.

I've also noticed wierd thing happening when using other modules, so I assume this problem is not limited to the CBB module.

FYI: Im using the 7Clean theme, default template set, php 4.3.8 and MySQL 4.0.18-log

I'm new to XOOPS (just installed on the weekend), so it is possible I might have stuffed up the installation (though I followed all the instructions and other modules on my site seem to work well).

Thanks in advance for any help
- Sam.

Anonymous
Re: CBB 3.07 and XOOPS 2.0.15 - cannot add new categories/forums
  • 2006/11/6 11:45

• Anonymous

• Since:

Update for the 2.015 package

The download release of 2.0.15 may have a problem with some modules, with the form.php file. download the fixed form.php - and replace the current version of /class/xoopsform/form.php with this. Once it opens right click 'save as' and select 'all files'. this will download it as a .php file ready for you to upload to your site.

mobiledevlab

Thanks,

Found a post about that fix in another forum and tried it... didnt seem to fix anything.

Im in the middle of a clean install, so I'll try it again and see how it goes.

- Sam

davidl2
  • 2006/11/6 14:17

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Make sure you've set the framework folder up correctly.

LionHeart
  • 2006/11/6 17:29

• LionHeart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/14

These are the things I'd double-check, in this order;

1) Try a different theme, I've had trouble with 7Clean, it doesn't display correctly on a fresh test installation I set up last week.

2) Ensure you have the form.php fix installed

2) Ensure you have the latest Frameworks installed

3) Ensure you have the latest xoopseditors package installed under {xoops-dir}/class

4) Update the System module from the Admin -> System -> Modules page

5) Update the CBB module from the Admin -> System -> Modules page

6) Clean out the {xoops-dir}/templates_c directory, delete everything except the index.html file

7) Clean out your browser cache, then reload the page

mobiledevlab

Thank you all so much!
I managed to get it working now.

LionHeart, your advice was helpful. I didnt know you could update the modules. lolz, I guess Im too much of a newbie!

Actually, I also suspect my FTP client. I think it may have been disconnecting in the middle of file transfers and may have missed uploading some files.

Anyway, a clean install and implementing your suggestions worked, so thanks to everyone.

- Sam.

mijuv2
  • 2006/11/7 1:28

• mijuv2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/21

rather than start a new thread , does anyone know how i can deactivate the HP / MP / Exp fields under each posters profiles in the new CBB?

LionHeart
  • 2006/11/7 14:58

• LionHeart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/14

Hi mijuv,

Those settings are in the CBB module 'Preferences' tab.

For some modules, the 'Preferences', or basic configuration, doesn't show up on the first module admin page. Or, if it does, the 'Preferences' will be a small text link in the corner. I think the rationale behind this is that you normally only make your basic configuration changes once, then it's best to get it out of the way for the other settings.

The easiest way to always find the 'Preferences' is to hover the mouse over the module icon in the admin page. This brings up a list of basic configuration options, and the 'Preferences' is always one of them.

There's an option for "HP/MP/EXP Level Mode" that you can set to 'Disable'.

There's also some options for "Karma", a bit further down, that you may want to look closely at.

And below that is an odd option to "Allow requiring reply to read a post" (This feature forces readers to reply to the original posters post before being able to read the original), which you also may wish to carefully consider.

Hope that helps!

mijuv2
  • 2006/11/7 16:07

• mijuv2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/21

thanks alot man , the text is REALLY small for the preferences tab but found it now

was strange as i had it disabled in old version but when i upgraded it came back again , kinda figured the options would have stayed the same

kudos though guys job well done

Xtracted
  • 2006/11/8 16:48

• Xtracted

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/7 2

I get the same problem and I have tried with several themes (including the ones that comes with xoops) and I still get pages that doesnt load properly. Any other suggestions how to fix this? I am working on a clean install and have tried all above mentioned fixes.. I use XOOPS 2.0.15..

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits