domineaux
Were is promo at top for people to vote for best CMS?
  • 2006/10/31 23:24

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

You go to home site for drupal, Plone, etc. They their top banner link to vote for their CMS as best.

I wouldn't mind to see that and some other promo on this site as well. I think that is a real accolade to be winner of that award.

IMO of course

Mithrandir
Re: Were is promo at top for people to vote for best CMS?

I'm both for and against this. I mean, it should be promoted again, now it's going into the final week of voting (ending on November 7th) but just like with the XOOPS site of the month awards, I'd really like it to be more than a popularity contest.

Naturally, I'd like XOOPS to be up there at the top, but it should be because it is a good system, not because of more users in the community than other systems. I know that the competition ends with judges assessing the systems, so XOOPS will not win an undeserved win in any case, but people should vote because they feel it is the best system, not because of marketing.

So let's get a reminder into the spotlight, but don't go overboard with plastering promo all over the site, please.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

domineaux
Re: Were is promo at top for people to vote for best CMS?
  • 2006/11/1 0:03

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

Mithrandir

Remember it's about the one with the most votes that wins, not necessarily the best of the five (5). The best five CMS was picked by the experts in September.

I'd hate to see XOOPS rated below most of the others. I'm a little partial to XOOPS of course.

That stupid Googles ad 468x60 as the banner can never mean as much as being picked "THE BEST CMS".

If that ad has to be here, poke it somewhere else and let's promote the XOOPS AS BEST CMS.

Voila!

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits