LionHeart
REQ - Update WF-Quotes?
  • 2006/10/5 4:31

• LionHeart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/14

Here on the XOOPS site, there's only a small number of quote modules to choose from. The only one which is full-featured is WF-Quotes, and that's a 2+ year old beta, with a lot of old code still pointing back to the original module it was based on (WF-FAQS).

Has any module developer updated WF-Quote? Or would anyone consider it? As half-finished as it is, it's really quite good, but isn't up to the current standard.

Or is anyone considering making a quote module that has all the features of WF-Quote?

LionHeart
Re: REQ - Update WF-Quotes?
  • 2006/10/17 15:54

• LionHeart

• Just popping in

Or if no one wants to fix the old WF-Quotes beta, perhaps someone out there can recommend an alternative?

It seems incredible that XOOPS lacks such a basic feature in the current versions, I'm sure there has to be some functional alternative out there which I am unaware of.

davidl2
  • 2006/10/17 16:00

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I wonder if it would be possible to convert SmartFAQ to a similar function?

LionHeart
  • 2006/10/24 13:36

• LionHeart

• Just popping in

That's an interesting idea... all the basics are in place for it, I think, with the Random Question block in SmartFAQ. It would take changes at the developer level to make it work, I think. Too many things that wouldn't fit, even with a global name change on the title of the module. But certainly the SmartFactory Team would do a fantastic implementation if they chose to pick it up, based on their other modules.

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits