kimhomegirl
Problems with install on GoDaddy
  • 2006/10/4 19:42

• kimhomegirl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/3

Hi, I used the install directions from their c-panel but I don't believe that XOOPS is installed correctly, I don't see tables created in mySQL DB. Can someone advise on the best way to install on this host?

I read the documentation on installation, and unless I missed something, I did the setup correctly on my web server.

jensclas
Re: Problems with install on GoDaddy

You are probably better off to install it indepenedent of Cpanel - following the installation manual create the database on your own (C panel - click MY sql databases and at the bottom of this select phpmyadmin - when in their create a new database.) - then use ftp to upload and install your XOOPS to use the database you created.

For help on Cpanel, MySQL and phpmyadmin run a google search. hth

tripmon
  • 2006/10/4 19:57

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

I would advise against using godaddy's automated install of anything... reason being is that the database is not accessible via the control panel for your site and can make things difficult if you run into any problems.

First make sure you are on a Linux server... manually create a database, download and unzip the latest XOOPS version from this site, then upload XOOPS to the server using an ftp client (filezilla is a good free ftp client)(again I don't use the godaddy file transfer program in the control panel).

Then just run setup. This way you will have access to all of the files & the database and can upgrade as new releases of XOOPS come out.

tripmon
  • 2006/10/4 19:58

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

EDIT- posted twice for some reason...

Login

Who's Online

572 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 572

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits