razenyc
Fatal error: Call to undefined function
  • 2006/9/20 16:46

• razenyc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/18

Im getting a lot of these errors now. I installed the X-IPB forum, which worked fine, as did all my other modules. My inbox ceased to work. This isnt the problem. I figured Id fix the problem by adding in the X-PBB1.23 to rectify the problem. Wrong. After I did that, it gave me a slew of fatal errors. Heres one:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: xoops_gethandler() in (my root directory)/include/common.php on line 105

I tried to fix several files by reuploading the ones from the x-IPB, but Id just get a continued list of other messed up files with the same error. How can I restore the system to before I used the PBB1.23..we'll deal without the inbox or figure out another way, but right now, my entire XOOPS site isnt working at all. I am trying to avoid a fresh install, as we are using DMS and have a lot of files on there and it'd suck a LOT to have to upload everything again.

Help?

jensclas
Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function

Hi

Did you back up before you added the module? If so restore the site with the back up files...

Otherwise plase check the FAQ section and use search on 'undefined functions' - you will find answers there.

m0nty
  • 2006/9/20 22:06

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

dunno why you thought that adding x-pbb 1.23 would solve a problem with x-ipb as they aren't even the same forum..

you can't install x-ipb and x-pbb on the same site, they are not compatible with each other as they both require modified XOOPS core files, so installing both will overwrite the others required core files.

as for x-ipb it's version specific.

x-ipb 1.4ha for XOOPS 2.0.10
x-ipb 1.4I for XOOPS 2.0.13.2

and i just released today x-ipb 1.4J for XOOPS 2.0.15

if you have x-ipb 1.4I you can also use the core update available at bbpixel.com just read the forum for the download location.

either way, whatever with x-ipb if you update XOOPS without waiting for updated x-ipb core files then it will break the site. if you install the wrong version of x-ipb for your version of xoops, it will also break the site.

razenyc
  • 2006/9/20 22:13

• razenyc

• Just popping in

I found a fix, based on the fact that I use the fantastico version of xoops, I was due for an update..When I updated it, it set everything back to normal, and I just had to copy my modules out of the backup zip back into my host, all is fine now. I even got X-IPB to work without having it take over my inbox. Im 99% operational now.

all I have left to figure out is how to get IPB to recognize the login for the users on xoops. It used to work, now it doesnt recognize it. I left a few overwrites out, like common.php, as I found that to be the source of corruption...so this time around, I didnt let it overwrite the standard XOOPS version.

m0nty
  • 2006/9/20 22:17

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

yes the update will have overwritten the required core files that x-ipb uses..

if you are using XOOPS 2.0.15 then you need to manually replace the core files that the update of XOOPS changed..

so you'll need the x-ipb 1.4J core update for XOOPS 2.0.15

which u can find on my test site here

note. the rewrites ARE needed for x-ipb to function properly.. there's no way around it..

razenyc
  • 2006/9/21 12:32

• razenyc

• Just popping in

yeah, I got IPB to work fine, minus for the login. no matter what I do, it doesnt recognize who's logged in. ultimately, not a big problem though. we'll just have our members make sure to out their name in their posts. much better than having my common.php going batty again or not having my inbox function =)

Login

Who's Online

249 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 249

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits