EncryptedMan
Xoops Setup Problem - Blank Page

Hello, after suddenly starting out with php-fusion, a cms, which i carelessly picked out of a list of about 50, and running my website for a long time on it, i realised there are better cms, and i noticed xoops, its catchy name and modules system got me from the packtub nominations.

Now i setup my website www.gamershideout.org. which results in a blank page, i tried doing the sql query to turn on debugging, the query was accepted but i didn't see any errors afterwards.

I have setup my website on another free host, wasahm9.100webspace.net , there it worked. Can somebody help me out?

My Host Information
operating system

FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE
mysql version

mysql Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.27
perl version

perl, v5.8.3
php version

PHP 4.4.1 (detailed PHP information)

Will_H
Re: Xoops Setup Problem - Blank Page
  • 2006/9/18 12:30

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

You may want to try and re-install it.

Is this one on a free host?

nekro
  • 2006/9/18 12:48

• nekro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/11/9

In what moment of the installation is the problem where the pages get blank???

There are many posible problems, please tell us when the site started to show the white page?

EncryptedMan

The blank page comes on my payed host, the free host i used to see if i was making any error...

After seeing that it worked on the free host, i tried reinstalling on the payed host i.e. www.gamershideout.org, i dragged and put all the 'htdocs' files in the main directory and i installed it, according to instructions, perfectly, and when it says click here to view your website, theres a blank page....

EncryptedMan

Oh and i installed/used XOOPS 2.0.15 (released 2006/08/25)

jensclas

1. Copy the content of the htdocs/ folder where it can be accessed by your server
2. Ensure mainfile.php, cache, templates_c and uploads are writable by the webserver
3. Access the folder where you installed the htdocs/ files using your web browser to launch the installation wizard

So you have done these and run the installation wizard...Have you checked the FAQ section on blank pages to see if there is anything there you may have missed?

And since it is 2.0.15 did you try this:

Revealing the blank page backtrace log

XOOPS displays a basic error page when a fatal error preventing it to run is encountered. To help you diagnose the cause of the error, this page contains additional messages that are hidden by default. To reveal them, use your browser "select all" function (for most browsers, you can use "Ctrl+A").

Let us know how you get on.

EncryptedMan

I tried XOOPS V 2.0.14 and it worked so ill let go of .15, and i dont have enough energy to find out why .15 working, i know its not coincedence cause i rechecked all... Now that i am through with the things, i had run the sql query to enable php debugging, now i am getting these lists of PHP notices on every page, how do i undo the php debugging, what should i write in the phpmyadmin query?

Bender
  • 2006/9/19 19:42

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Since you got 2.0.14 running again you could just go into System admin - Preferences - General and switch debugging off there.

Did you run this querrie?

UPDATE xoops_config SET conf_value=1 WHERE conf_name 'debug_mode'

Then this one should switch it back off.

UPDATE xoops_config SET conf_value=0 WHERE conf_name 'debug_mode'

Remember to change the table name if your prefix is not xoops_
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits