xxDUCKxx
Was Content - now moved on to "xcgal" problems
  • 2006/9/10 18:23

• xxDUCKxx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/9 1

I know this is probably a STUPID question, but I am going to ask anyways. I am brand new to all of this and I am trying to add content to my web page index. When someone pulls up my site, I cannot figure out how to add content or anything to the main page (BEFORE someone logs in!) I can see then content after the login, but I want to have content available before. Like a small intro to the site or something... Can ANYONE help me please??

wcrwcr
Re: Content
  • 2006/9/10 18:54

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi

You have to set up group permission in the admin part of your site.

For instance, suppose that you want your news module to be the one on your home, ok?

Then go to your admin >>groups>anonymous and grant permissions to that group to access tha mod.

Hope that helps

Swain
  • 2006/9/10 18:57

• Swain

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/6/27

Do mean like content in a block??? To do this you need to make sure your permissions are set so anonymous users can see the page. Go to the blocks area (Admin:Blaocks:List all blocks), click on edit and make sure the content is visible to all groups.

xxDUCKxx
  • 2006/9/10 19:25

• xxDUCKxx

• Just popping in

I love this gallery module, but I am having a couple problems...
First problem is in my gallery I have:
Debug Info
USER:

Array
(
[ID] => 62b95bf01db4b77046ecabbd5d80b25d
[am] => 1
[liv] => Array
(
[0] => 98
[1] => 99
[2] => 100
[3] => 101
[4] => 95
)

)

GET :

Array
(
)

Array
(
)

Does this mean there is something wrong with my install or anything? If not, how do I get rid of that text.

Second problem I am having is that I did an FTP upload of muliple pictures and used the batch add to add the pictures to the gallery. The pictures I added went to a album that I didn't want them to go into... When I try to do the batch add again to see where I went wrong, it tells me there are no new images in the directory. Where dies the gallery store information about pictures I have batch added so I can clear them out and try to upload again. I have hondreds of pictures and it is not practical to upload them one by one. Any chance youcan help me with this??

jensclas

What gallery module are you using?- they have differences - XOOPS version? PHP debug errors to explain the odd text? Theme?

Please check the read before you post below

xxDUCKxx
  • 2006/9/10 21:05

• xxDUCKxx

• Just popping in

Sorry, I am running "XOOPS 2.0.14", the gallery module is "xcgal" and my current theme is "xtnrFantasy"

xxDUCKxx
  • 2006/9/10 21:09

• xxDUCKxx

• Just popping in

XOOPS Version: 2.0.14
Module Name/Version: xcgal
PHP Version: 5
MySQL Version: 4.1.12
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): Apache
Operating System: Linux Clarkconnect
Theme you are using: xtnrFantasy
Custom template: (Yes/No) No
PHP Debug Messages:
MySQL Debug Messages:
Smarty Debug Messages:
A full description of the issue:

I am not sure what the error is associated with, like I said I am new to all this, but this is displayed below my gallery.

Array
(
[ID] => 62b95bf01db4b77046ecabbd5d80b25d
[am] => 1
[liv] => Array
(
[0] => 98
[1] => 99
[2] => 100
[3] => 101
[4] => 95
)

)

GET :

Array
(
)

Array
(
)

The gallery works, but I have this message at the bottom.

jensclas

I think if you turn off your php debug those messages may go away - but don't quote me on that. Have renamed the post to get better attention since we have changed topics completely here. I haven't time to look into the uploads for the images right now - if noone has helped by the time I get back i will take a peek at my own. In the mean time - for your benefit as a new user:

New users should always checkout the following:
1. Documentation - linked on the left. Specifically the administration manual
2. The FAQ section - linked on the left - specifically the sections on gloassry, beginners first steps, modules, blocks and themes. There are links to visual tutorials here.
3. The search function on the top right.
Please check also the read B4U post link below if you have problems.

For Visual tutorials please go here

Try a search on xcgall and you might find others with a similar concern and the answer may already be here.

wcrwcr
  • 2006/9/10 21:18

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi
PLease do not do crosspost.
As I?ve told you HERE

you must turn off the debug of the module on it?s administration.

BTW> did yu solve your problem with your "content" the original title of that thread????

Thanks

xxDUCKxx
  • 2006/9/10 21:27

• xxDUCKxx

• Just popping in

First off, I apologise for the crosspost!! That was not my intention.

Secondly, yes that definately helped on the content as well as turning off the debug mode.

I appreciate you all being patient with me being new here. I am working on it...

Login

Who's Online

191 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 191

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits